Chapter One Of A Wolf's Life

I looked around frantically, my breath coming in short bursts. My nose twitched slightly as I smelled a lonely moose. I wagged my fluffy white tail and looked where I thought it was. My gaze burning through the thin bush I was hiding in.

"There!" I barked sharply to my pack. I looked through some bushes in the deep undergrowth. I could barely make out the shape of the brown furry beast of the animal that I can rarely see. But when I barked I saw its head shot up and its eyes fill with panic. It just stood their frozen in place. We just stared at each other, it felt like all eternity had passed when it finally bolted to a streaming river nearby. I start to run after it feeling my paws thunder on the ground. But I quickly stopped, feeling something was wrong I looked around slowly. I felt my blue gaze search the trees for my pack. Everything was all shadow and moss. The branches tangled together but showed no sign of my pack. I whimper slightly Where were they? I asked myself, worried. Then I heard my father. It was impossible to miss. He came out of the darkest of the shadows and I instantly bow down to where I heard him come from. I buried my muzzle to the dirt and lower my stomach to the ground. My once wagging tail was tucked under my legs. I peeked out from my place in the dirt, lifting my head up a little. But quickly regretted it. I yelped loudly as I felt a sharp pain on my left ear. I rolled onto my stomach pitifully. Whimpering as I look at my father, he was a huge wolf by our standards. One of the largest in my pack. He had grey fur all over him with hint of black on his face and little splotches of it on his back and amber eyes that shone angrily as they glared down at me, his neck fur rising.

"Why did you do that?!" He demanded making me wish I was still on the dirt with my muzzle in it too. With that at least I had an excuse to not speak. But here I was. Stuck with my neck and stomach showing to him. I grimaced and spoke up.

"I-I.. I was excited" I barked lamely. I was feeling the exact opposite now. My eyes flicked up to his hesitantly, hoping he would let me go.

But of course, he didn't. I should've expected that. Instead he just snorted, disgusted.

"Your mother would be disappointed" he told me in a monotone voice that made it clear he didn't care.

I whimpered. He has some nerve saying that.... even though she's dead. I thought. I would never say that out loud though... I knew if I would I would get severely punished.

"She would have wanted me to forgive you right here and now." He added slowly and dangerously making me start to shake with fear.

"But since I'm not your mother, well... Let's just say you never existed" he growled evenly.

I shook violently but not with fear now, with anger. My back had started to hurt from me being here listening to him 'punish' me. I rolled over to my paws and stand up face to face with my father, I growled at him. He didn't expect that at all. He looked at me with utter shock. His amber eyes wide which showed a whole lot of emotion. Even I was a bit surprised, seeing him shocked like that.

"What are you doing?!" He growled back, but a hint of surprise couldn't be taken out of his voice. A slow smile crept up my face.

"I'm leaving, like you said. I never existed" I barked back angrily. I turned and ran before he noticed what I had said. Before he could process it, I was running blindly through the forest. The forest a mix of brown and black whirled together and I could barely dodge the masses of trees in my way. I was so consumed by rage and fear I didn't notice the sound of crunching twigs and the the thuds of tree trunks getting run over. Nor did I see the Two legs running up beside me inside their shiny vehicles. The last thing I remember was a sharp pain on my flank as I stumbled to the floor, banging my head on a tree trunk. Before I knew it, I had drifted into a world of black.

A\N

I'm sorry its short guys but it will get better I promise! I will make more chapters.