Clementine

Tommy smiled at his giggling friend beside him, walking down the sidewalk without paying attention to the route they were taking. He listened carefully to the other's words, taking in as many details as his memory would allow him. It felt like bliss to be able to do this. These weekly walks with Tubbo were his favorite way to spend time.

      Tubbo shook his head to rid himself of the laughter, letting his guard down with his best friend. "Oh my god, it was so funny." He said, finishing off his story his one last huff of laughter before looking back at Tommy. "So what happened in your busy day?"

      Tommy glared at Tubbo still smiling. "Well, if you must know, I played Minecraft and ate breakfast. I know, I know. Very productive day." He turned his attention back to the sidewalk in front of him, finally taking in his surroundings. This was a different path than they usually follow, but he still knew how to get home, so he didn't hesitate to keep walking.

      "I thought you were supposed to get your new PC today?" Tubbo questioned.

      "Yeah, well, apparently it'll be a day late. So that's amazing news." He said, frustrated. He saved up a lot of money for a long time in order to buy that PC, and the fact it was taking so long was just agonizing. But one look back at Tubbo calmed him down. "It's ok though. It's just one more day. Hopefully."

      He glanced back at his path, noticing a small kitten standing in their way, looking at them curiously. Tommy stopped walking immediately and grabbed Tubbo's arm to stop him as well. "Tubbo, look," he whispered, pointing at the cat. Tubbo glanced at it and beamed.

      "Oh my god, it's so cute!" He sat down on the cement, putting his hand out for the cat to sniff if it chose to get closer. The cat slowly walked over to him, being careful with its steps as it extended its head forward to smell. It sniffed Tubbo's fingers for a second, then completely redirected its attention to Tommy, who couldn't care less about the cat.

      It walked towards Tommy's foot and smelled, taking much longer than it did with Tubbo. After a good while of sniffing, it sat down in between Tommy's legs and stared at him. He smiled a little.

      "Hey there." He said, bending down like Tubbo did, and scratched its head a little. The second his fingers made contact with its fur, the cat started purring loudly, leaning into the scratches Tommy was providing. Soon, Tommy started petting instead of scratching, causing the kitten to purr even louder.

      "Aww, they like you!" Tubbo said, moving his hand to start petting the kitten too. It didn't seem to care, only focusing on Tommy and his pets.

      "Yeah..." Tommy smiled. The two stayed in that spot for the rest of their day together, petting the small kitten who never left Tommy's side. It was nice, even nicer than their walks, but eventually, it had to end.

      "It's getting dark, we should get going," Tubbo said sadly, standing up to brush off the dirt from his pants. Tommy sighed too, picking up the cat off his lap and putting it down beside him. They stood and started walking away, giving the kitten one final pet before they left it for good. Only, the cat didn't give up that easily.

      "Tommy, the cat is following you," Tubbo said, pointing behind where Tommy stood. Tommy stopped walking and looked at the cat, causing it to sit down obediently as it waited for Tommy to give it pets again.

      He picked up the small animal and held it in his arms, causing it to purr once more. "It doesn't have a collar..." He said, scratching at its delicate neck. Tubbo beamed.

      "You want to take it home? Do you think your parents would allow that?" He questioned, smile falling as he thought of the possibility of having to say goodbye for good. Tommy shrugged.

      "I don't know, I hope they do though. What should we name it?" He asked, setting it back down on the ground and moving around, seeing if it would follow again. Needless to say, it did.

      "It looks like a little orange." Tubbo cooed, petting the kitten once again. A switch went off in Tommy's head.

      "Clemintine. Its name is Clementine." They both grinned.