Karen

Tw// Homophobia, (but no shipping) a censored homophobic slur

When you see f(slur) that is supposed to be the f-slur. I just don't feel comfortable putting it in my writing. Enjoy!

______________________

      The soft melody being hummed from Wilbur's lips filled the restaurant, giving the two workers some background music to their bleak day. Techno scrubbed the tables as Wilbur's fingers punched away at the register, both quiet and focused on their tasks.

      Techno furrowed his eyebrows as he scrubbed a little harder on some dried ketchup, picking it away from the surface. The rest of the table sparkled under the harsh lights above, showing off how clean they were.

      The bells above the door chimed, interrupting the gently humming from Wilbur, causing Techno to rush to the kitchen. "Hi, welcome to McDonald's! What can I get you?" A woman entered and walked to the counter, staring at her phone as she stepped forward.

      "I'll take a large fry, medium coke, and McChicken." She spoke, not looking up from her phone as she handed him a $20 dollar bill. Wilbur gave her a kind smile, though she wasn't paying enough attention, and started counting out her change.

      "That'll be $12.43, and your change is $7.57!" The woman took the change from his hand, finally focusing enough to take the money. She used her finger to harshly look through it, counting the coins and bills to ensure it was the proper amount.

      She shoved the money in her purse, going back to looking at her phone. Wilbur's smile faltered, but he turned to Techno as he waited for the order to be done. The man with long pink hair made the sandwich first, putting it in the bag as the soda filled the cup.

      As he finished the order, he handed it to Wilbur so he could go back and clean the kitchen, preparing to close the restaurant in a short 5 minutes. Wilbur handed it to her, attaching the receipt to the bag. "Here you are, ma'am! Have a wonderful day."

      The lady hummed and opened the bag, checking the food inside. "I said a large fry."

      She put the bag back on the counter, dropping it in front of a tired Wilbur. He raised an eyebrow and looked inside the bag. "This is a large fry."

      The woman rolled her eyes. "It doesn't look like it. That's only enough fries to be a medium, and I asked for a large fry." Wilbur glanced at his brother who by then was listening to the conversation. Techno shrugged, continuing to scrub away at the fryers.

      "Well, we can make you some new fries if you'd like-"

      "No, just give me my money back." She cut him off with a sharp tone, glaring at the worker.

      "Oh, uh... Sure, yeah. I can do that." He reached for the food, but his movement was once again interrupted by the woman.

      "No, no. I'm keeping the food, but you are giving me my money back."

      Wilbur was bewildered. "Ma'am, we're not allowed to do that."

      The woman, who was previously calm, snapped in an angry rage, raising her voice to yell. "Excuse me? I deserve my money back for the poor service! Can I talk to your manager?"

      "I'm the active manager as of right now-"

      "This is unbelievable! I'll call your supervisor if I have to! Give me my money back!"

      Wilbur started shrinking in on himself, not liking being yelled at by the stranger. Techno noticed this, immediately stepping in.

      He stood in front of Wilbur, the height difference only making him look inferior, but he stood strong. "I'm sorry, I don't see the problem here. He did everything right."

      The woman narrowed her eyes at him, crossing her arms defensively. "And who are you?"

      Techno also crossed his arms. "The person who is asking you politely to please leave. You are not getting your money back."

      Although Wilbur was the tallest of the group, the woman seemed more intimidated by Techno as she backed away a bit. "What, protecting your boyfriend, you fucking pink-haired f(slur)?"

      The boys cringed. "No. I'm protecting my brother. Leave."

      She huffed, angrily stomping her way out as she stared at her phone once again.