Royalty AU

Tommy walked down the streets behind his brothers, glancing at all the people staring at them. His cape flapped in the wind behind him, and his small crown was a little too big for his head. He was taller than the eldest brother, and yet he seemed invisible.

      Phil, their dad and king, led the small group as he smiled at the town people, occasionally waving at the kids who looked extra excited. Wilbur and Techno stood by each other behind Phil, Will playing his guitar along with the band following them, and Techno wielding his favorite sword, keeping his head on a swivel.

      Wilbur was the town's favorite musician. He got most of his fame from being a prince, but the fact he was actually talented helped boost it. Techno was the most fierce warrior the town had ever known. He was extremely skilled with a sword and took pride in it. Ever since the prince was just a toddler, he had been training, and it paid off.

      Tommy however, was only known for being the youngest of the Princes. His grades were exceptional, he couldn't play a single note, and compared to his brother, he was a simple beginner in the art of sword fighting. He was often forgotten, or at least, that was how he felt.

      He stood in the back of the group of royals, completely surrounded by guards in order to protect him, no matter how many times he told them to fuck off. The guards acted much like Techno did, keeping their heads on a swivel, but they were much more relaxed. With every step they took, the crowd cheered louder, even up until the last second they were allowed to before the royals stepped onto the stage.

      "Hello everyone!" The king said, a warm and light-hearted tone filling the ears of any listeners. He smiled as the cheers started again, feeling very happy that he was obviously doing a good job as king if this is how everyone reacted.

      "It's that time of the year," he started, looking around the crowd and seeing the hope filling the children's faces. "Where a certain someone is going to get to live with us for an entire year!" The children shouted and clapped, all wanting to be the kid that got picked. Wilbur and Phil grinned at the excitement, while Techno looked serious and on guard, and Tommy just looked bored.

      Every year, Phil, Wilbur, and Techno all looked through the records of the homeless children in the kingdom and chose one kid to live with them for a year in order to give them a chance when they grow up. It was a small way to help, but it was a tradition that had been around ever since Phil's first day of being king.

      He giggled. "Alright! Wilbur, if you would."

      Wilbur nodded and held out a small scroll, opening it with a huge smile on his face, ready to make someone's day. "And the lucky kid that gets to move into the castle for a year is... Tubbo!" He looked up from the scroll, scanning the crowd to see which kid the name belonged to. Almost every small human let their faces fall, disappointment filling their features, except for one short brunette in the middle.

      The boy beamed as he ran up to the stage, waving when he got as close as the guards would allow. "Hi! I'm Tubbo!" Phil smiled at him.

      "Alright! That's all for now. Have a great rest of the day!" He addressed the townspeople, dismissing them to go back to what they were doing. The people started scattering, and Techno let his guard down, smiling for the first time since they left the castle.

      "Hello, Tubbo." He said, bending down so he was just as tall as the short boy as if to make Tubbo feel safer. "My name is Technoblade, but you can call me Techno."

      Tubbo shook his hand, then glanced at the others. Phil and Wilbur were looking fondly at him, but Tommy was distracted by something in the trees, not really caring to be nice to the new boy. Wilbur spoke up.