Chapter 23 ~ Oh Shit

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I nodded, returning the smile without saying anything. He backed away then, but not before giving me a kiss on the forehead, which caused my cheeks to turn a light pink. Slinging my backpack over my shoulder, I made my way to the other side of the car and got into the passenger seat, waiting for Harry to do the same.

The heat that had occurred when we kissed earlier was now gone and the cold from the outside had replaced it instead. I shuddered slightly, impatiently waiting for him to close the door behind him and turn on the engine. "You cold?" He asked, turning to see my shivering form.

"Y-yeah. Could you please turn the heat o-on?"

He smiled teasingly but did as told, not even giving me a second look. "Wimp," he muttered under his breath, coughing afterward to make it less audible, but I had caught it.

Snorting, I crossed my arms over my chest. "I'm not a wimp. It's freezing and I'm drenched in water, so just let me be cold, alright?" I said grumpily, pouting my lips.

He raised his eyebrows. "You want to be cold?"

I had the urge to reach over and slap him, but I didn't. "Of course I don't. I just... ugh, just get out of here and drive me home... and stay silent, I don't want to hear a word from you," I warned, pointing a finger at him.

Chuckling, he backed out of the lot and started driving to my house. We talked a little during the ride anyway, even though it felt weird to speak with him so... normally. We had never really done it before since I was always so snappy around him, or we were just on bad terms. It was different now, a good different, but also a very foreign and horrifying one. I didn't really know how to handle the situation. I mean, how do you act around someone you had thought you hated your entire life only for it to turn out to be the opposite? It wasn't easy, I could tell you.

When he eventually pulled over outside my house, we had been silent for a while. It wasn't very awkward, just a little bit. However, when he spoke up, it felt as though the silence hadn't even been there in the first place. "See you tomorrow, yeah?" He smiled, turning to me.

"Yeah," I confirmed, breathless by the beautiful smile that had made his dimples appear. How on earth had I even been able to deny this gorgeous creation? I surely hadn't really checked him out before because if so, I would never have been able to do it, that was for sure.

He leaned over to press his lips against mine, but before he could do so, I could see a familiar car approaching us from the corner of my eye. Panicking, I grabbed the back of his head and pulled him down so he couldn't be seen. "What the hell are you doing, Louis?" He asked confusedly, trying to straighten up, but I kept him in place.

"Shut up, my mum's coming," I hissed, ducking myself even though I knew she'd already caught sight of me.

"Oh, shit."

I let go of his head now that I knew he wouldn't move and quickly unbuckled my seatbelt. "Bye," I said hastily, picking up my still wet backpack from the floor and opening the car door.

"Bye, love," he replied, giving me a wink from the slouched over position he was in, and I could feel my breath hitch. Love?

I shut the door behind me, watching as he straightened up and drove off to his house without looking back. Shaking my head, I could feel a small smile form on my lips. God, that boy could really make me feel something.

"Lou, honey! Who was that?" My mum got out of her car and walked over to me with a bag of groceries in her hand along with her purse. Her eyebrows were pulled into a frown, but a smile was slowly making its way to her face.

Scratching the back of my neck, I thought about what to say. I knew she recognized Liam's and Martin's car, so I would have to come up with someone else. Before I had time to do so, though, she put a hand over her mouth, letting out a gasp. "Was that a boy? You never told me you had a boyfriend!"