"Oh? So is she a first crush?" Ray asked, breaking into his room and watching the girl with Norman "Dude, you look like a stalker"

"Hi Norman, how's your health? Oh I'm fine, thanks for asking, by the way, how was the trip with Papa?" Norman spoke sarcastically, looking at his brother "You know, Ray, this is how people greet each other after being away for three weeks"

Ray just rolled his eyes and went back to watching the red-haired girl, who was playing with her younger brother in the yard.

"Have you even talked to her yet?" He asked turning to his brother.

Norman's cheeks turned slightly red "No"

"Huh? Why?"

"... It's getting worse" His response changed the mood of the room, a sadness in the air that made him regret having responded truly.

Ray sat on the bed and was silent "... Sorry to say that, it ended the mood, didn't it?" Norman said trying to fix the situation "You don't have to stay like this, it's not like I'm dying-"

"You're dying, we both know that..." Ray said quietly "I'll take a walk" He said, getting up and leaving the room.

—————

Norman sighed and closed his book.

It had been an unbearable boring day, with Ray still upset at him, the only fun he had was watching his neighbor and reading books.

No, he was not a stalker, he was just delighted with the contagious joy of the girl he didn't even know her name.

Sighing again, he looked out the window, wondering what his neighbor was doing.

However, his thoughts were interrupted when a paper plane flew into his room, landing perfectly in front of him.

"What's this?" He asked himself, as he bent down and picked up the paper plane from the floor, looking out the window shortly thereafter to discover the origin of it.

He was confused when he saw no one outside, and wondered who would be able to aim the second-floor window perfectly. Well, Ray and his mom would probably be able, but they were both busy in the kitchen making lunch.

Carefully unfolding the paper to get some hint from its owner, Norman tilted his head in confusion when he saw words written on it. A letter maybe?

"Hello, my name is Emma, ​​I am your neighbor" He read aloud "I recently noticed you looking at me from your window..." Norman gasped and blushed before reading on.

"Not that I feel uncomfortable, but I was wondering if you're the ghost boy that my cousin Don told me" He sighed that she didn't think he's a stalker or something, and frowned at the nickname "He described you as pale as paper, I never left the house, and you have white hair like an old man" He laughed lightly, the nickname certainly fit with him "I didn't find anyone else looking like that, so I guess it's you"

"If you can, could you write an answer? Even if you didn't leave the house for some reason, I would like to get to know you better since you seem to be quite lonely, I'll wait you answer"

Norman felt his ears go red. The fact that the girl he had been practically obsessed with in the past few weeks wanted to get to know him better had shaken him in a good way.