Happy birthday!!

Fluff. No manga spoilers.

—————

Norman liked birthdays.

They were happy, fun and had that feeling of comfort for being celebrated by their family.

The gifts, the food, the games, all of that made that specific day be wonderful! It was like Christmas, but on the middle of the year!

"Happy birthday Norman!" Olivia exclaimed with a smile when she saw him enter the dining room with his other siblings, who also wished him a happy birthday.

"Thanks!" The six-year-old boy thanked him while scratching the back of his neck, a little embarrassed.

"Hey little genius" Marcus, one of his older brothers, said with a mischievous smile and bend down to stay at the same height as him "Do you know what happens at this age to people?"

The albino shook his head, visibly confused and curious "No, what happens?"

"They fall in love with a person" His smile seemed to increase when he noticed the blush that spread across the child's face "So, do you already have someone like that?"

"Stop teasing him, Marcus" Olivia scolded him by giving him a small slap on the head. Norman vowed to see a reddish tinge on her cheeks, but decided not to comment "Can't you just wish him a happy birthday as a normal person?"

"Oh come on Olivia, I'm just having fun" Marcus complained with a roll of his eyes that didn't match his amused smile "Okay, okay, happy birthday little genius"

Norman thanked him with a smile and watched as he and Olivia walked away, with the older boy complaining that his head was hurting and the girl apologizing for hitting him so hard.

It wasn't long before he was approached again, this time by his other older sister, Michelle.

"Happy birthday Normie" She said excitedly as she squeezed his plump cheeks carefully "My favorite little brother is growing up so fast, it looks like it was yesterday that you got here  with Emma and Ray"

He laughed sheepishly as he was pulled into a tight hug "Thank you"

"Speaking of Emma and Ray, where are those two?" She commented slightly away from the hug and looking around "Mama isn't here either"

"We are here" A voice he knew very well announced when something heavy was thrown at him. He would have fallen if he hadn’t turned around in time and held the energy ball, also called Emma "Happy birthday Norman!"

"G-Good morning Emma" He said with his cheeks becoming redder the more the girl hugged him "Good morning for you too, Ray"

"Happy birthday guardian" Ray greeted, his characteristic sarcastic smile present on his face "Sorry we were late, this idiot wanted Mama's and my help for something"

"I'm not an idiot!" Emma replied, still not breaking away from the hug.

"Okay" He just replied with a roll of his eyes "Now release Norman before he dies"

Norman didn’t know if he thanked or complained about Ray’s attitude, because although he was quite embarrassed and nervous about the hug, it was still nice and comforting to have Emma around, even if it made him heart race and him stomach fill with butterflies.

"Sorry! I didn't realize I was suffocating you again!" She apologized quickly while looking worriedly at your red face "Do you have a fever?! Suffocation causes fever?!"