Heart

Ansgt. No manga spoilers.

Sick Norman x New neighbor Emma AU.

—————

Norman smirked as he watched outside through his bedroom window.

The reason for his smile was mainly the red-haired girl who had just moved in next door.

If Ray were here, I would probably tease him with some sarcastic phrase.

"Norman? If you are feeling well, you can greet the new neighbors" Isabella asked as she entered the room, noticing how her adopted son was watching the neighboring children "It's not good to be in the room that long"

It took a few seconds for Norman to respond, watching the girl helping, who he assumed was her younger brother, carrying a box.

"Sorry, Mama, I'm not feeling very well today..." He replied softly, still not looking at his mother.

It was not a lie, even though he appeared to be well, he was in great pain at the time.

Isabella smiled sadly, already aware of her son's fragile health "Okay, if you need anything-"

"I call you, I know." Norman completed as he turned and smiled at his mother "You told me that many times"

Smiling sadly one last time, Isabella left Norman's room, leaving him alone again.

—————

"They say he's like a ghost!" Don said as he make a dramatic gesture that drew a few laughs "He never leaves the house, is pale as paper and have white hair, like a old man!"

"And why my ghost neighbor never leave home?" Emma asked, laughing at Don's supposed terror story.

Don just shrugged, also not knowing how to answer "Nobody knows for sure, some even ask his brother, but they never get an answer"

"He have a brother?" Phil asked.

"Yes, his name is Ray, they have the same age, and he's super smart, but he never talks to anyone." Don explained "The last time I heard him speak, it was because of school work"

"You never seen this ghost boy?" Emma asked while looking at Don curiously.

"I think only once, when I was about five and playing on the playground" He replied trying to remember "He was with Ray and their mom, after that I didn't see him in person"

Unfortunately, the conversation between the four was interrupted when Don's mother calling him to come home.

"It looks like I have to go home, we'll talk later" Don said as he got up "By the way, welcome to the city!"

"Bye Don!" Emma and her younger brother said simultaneously.

Phil turned to his sister, still curious about their neighbor "Why do you think he never leaves the house?"

"Uhmm ... He may just be too shy or antisocial to leave the house" She replied laughing at her own explanation.

—————

The days passed and Norman found himself even more interested in the red-haired girl. So interested that he didn't even notice his brother entering his room.