You'll be different, sometimes you'll feel like an outcast, but you'll never be alone. You have new people to call friends, new allies to call family. Just don't close yourself off before you get the chance.

Don't let my death be the reason you don't know who you are, because no matter where you go in life, there's always going to be one person that wants to bring you down. Stay strong and face your problems instead of running away. You've always been better at facing problems head on than me.

Be happy, be loved, be you.

Love,

Clark

She wiped away the tears from her cheeks, a couple falling onto the letter. She could tell it was Sheilah's handwriting but Clark's words. He was always better at expressing himself in handwritten words than with his mouth. "Why did you have to go and die?" Jessica asked to the air, her tears never stopping.

There was one thing Clark was wrong about, how would she ever find herself without him there? Everything that she was, it was because of him. Her happiness, her name, her powers, her, was because of Clark.

When she thought she would be better off without him, she was so wrong. She held the paper closer to her chest and looked back out her window.

_______________

DOWNSTAIRS, Bruce had walked into the Kent farm, giving his condolences to Martha, the grieving mother at the loss of her eldest child.

"Mrs. Kent, I'm Bruce Wayne, I'm a friend of your kids." He introduced, holding his hand out for her to shake. "I'm sorry by the loss of your son."

Martha, clearly remembering those words from the caped crusader who saved her from being burned alive, hugged the tall man. "Thank you for showing up." She sniffled as Bruce's stiff figure relaxed. He rubbed the tiny woman's back with as much sympathy he could muster.

"It's the least I could do." Martha removed herself from Bruce while rubbing her nose with her tissue.

"Jessica is upstairs, third door on the right." She paused. "If that is if you wish to see her." Bruce shook his head.

"No, it's not that I don't want to see her." He looked towards the stairs. "I'm not sure she wants to see me."

Martha patted his arm with a small smile. "She could use the company."

Bruce raised a brow. "That bad?"

"She hasn't eaten, hasn't left the house since she came back from the public funeral." Martha sighed, wiping her eyes. "I don't know what to do. I've never seen her like this since her father died but... this is worse. Their bond was something I've never seen before." She mumbled.

Bruce placed his hand on her shoulder. "I'll talk to her. Don't worry." Slowly turned towards the stairs, climbing up the creaky stairs of the old Kent house that's been in the family for generations. He walked all the way down to the third door on the right. He sucked in a deep breath and knocked on the door.

After a couple of seconds of no answer, Bruce opened the old wood door. He winced slightly at the creaking. It must have been impossible for her to sneak out to the bathroom, let alone a party.

Jessica remained unmoved from her daydreamer state. "Jess?" He asked gently, walking into the room. She finally turned her attention lazily to her once lover but found no interest in smiling or showing any type of emotion, except for emptiness. Bruce held back the urge to wince at her stone-cold eyes but straightened up. "Your mother told me you were up here." He stated, closing the door behind him. Jessica turned her head back out the window and watched the many people walk into the house. They looked like little ants to her, did they really care for her brother as she did? Bruce looked around her room with a small smile. He touched the solar system that dangled over her bed.