"And we are thankful we had him, have you."

"Most of the people on this planet didn't want us around." She snipped. "They made posters and protested that they wanted us to leave, that they didn't need us. But when it comes down to their lives being at risk, they want us to fight their wars, save their families and we did it because we wanted your approval." Jessica scoffed. "You humans didn't deserve us." She shook her head. "You never did."

The General watched Jessica's labored breathing with furrowed brows. He turned her to face the crowd who were standing there with umbrellas and crying into each other's shoulders. "You can't categorize the bad with the good, there are a lot of good people who wanted you and your brother." He explained. "You two touched the lives of so many people and changed the world as we know it. For the better."

Jessica took note of all of their faces before scoffing. "Yeah, and look where that got him. In an empty box."

_____________

NOW, she sat bundled up at her nook while staring out the window of her childhood home, something she did often while she contemplated life when she was a teen.

The black dress she wore was wrinkled, her face was paler than normal, the bags under her eyes were darker, her hair was up in a neat bun, and her knees closer to her chest. It was a difficult task to just do things she normally did every day. Like smile.

Not only was her brother dead but to top it off, she had no use of her powers anymore. She always wanted to be normal but... not without her brother. A knock at her door alerted her of someone's presence, she didn't want to talk to anyone.

Sheilah walked through the door, her black hair up in two moon buns, her rosary around her neck. "Jess?" She called out. When she stepped into the room, she saw Jessica. "Hey, I wanted to check on you before the service." Jessica never looked at Sheilah from her spot at the window. Her once swollen eye was healing, coming to a nasty yellow and purple color.

Sheilah scratched the back of her neck. "Before Clark, um, passed. He asked me to tell you something before he died." Jessica turned her head to Sheilah, suddenly interested in what she had to say. "He thought it would be more meaningful to you as a letter." She said, handing Jessica a folded piece of line paper.

Jessica grabbed the letter from her hand cautiously. Although it wasn't by Clark, his dying words were for her. She needed to hear them. "I'll see you downstairs." With that, Sheilah left Jessica's childhood room with no other words.

Jessica turned to the piece of paper with a deep sigh. Unraveling it, she read the words on the paper.

Jess,

I know what's happening to you is terrifying. Never being able to live without you scares me as well. But, you're not just anyone. Dad use to say: "One day, you're going to have to make a choice. You have to decide what kind of man, or woman, you want or have to be. Whoever that man, or lady, is, good character or bad, it's going to change the world."

I know I wasn't the best brother the past few months but everything I did, I did to protect you. There were things I dealt with that would have triggered that awful memory and I didn't want to see you lose yourself... not again.

I once thought I could protect the world by myself, but I was wrong. Working together, we saved lives, the planet. That's why God made us twins, because he knew only one of us was too much personality for just one person. We are the worst and best of each other.