20 | It Only Hurts

Start from the beginning

The super's eyes darkened. "Stay here." She ordered.

"I'm coming with you." Clark spoke, ready to fly up.

Jessica grabbed his arm with a stern look in her eyes. "You are in no state of mind to face him. I'm more level-headed at the moment."

"But he almost killed Lois!"

"My point exactly." Jess said.

Clark gave a deep sigh before kissing his sister's forehead. "Go, do your thing." Jess instantly flew up and landed on the helipad. She slowly looked up to see Lex sitting on the floor with a wide, evil, smile on his face.

"Oh! And the lady of the hour has arrived!" Lex smiled, clapping his hands, a white bandage around his left hand.

"I'm not in the greatest mood tonight, Lex," She growled. "Why are you doing this?" She asked with her hands clenched.

"Oh, I just want some action for once." He smiled twistedly. "Boy, do we have problems up here! The problem of evil in the world. The problem of absolute virtue."

Jess took a step closer. "I'll take you in without breaking you. Which is more than you deserve."

Lex ignored her. "The problem of you on top of everything else. You above all." He explained. "Ah, 'Cause that's what God is." He shrugged with the same crazed look in his eyes. "Horus, Athena, Jehovah, Kalura-El, Jessica Jolene Kent." Jess widened her eyes at the use of her real name. "See, what we call God depends upon our tribe, JJ. Because God is tribal, God takes sides." Lex pointed up to the sky. "No man in the sky intervened when I was a boy to deliver me from Daddy's fist and abominations! Mmmm." Lex balled his wrapped hand into a tight fist, wincing at the pain. He sucked in a deep breath and looked back to Jessica. "I've figured it out way back, if God is all powerful, he cannot be all good. And if he's all good then he cannot be all powerful. And neither of you can be." The frown he held kept drooping down the more he spoke. "They need to see the fraud you are. With their eyes. The blood," He removed the white bandage from his hand to reveal a long deep cut with purple around the broken skin. "On your hands."

Jessica watched his monologue with wide eyes. "What have you done?" She asked, her heart racing.

"And, tonight, they will." Lex smiled. "Yes, because you, my friend, have a date! Across the bay. Ripe fruit, his hate. two years growing. To push him over actually, all it took was little red notes, big bang, you let your family die! And now, you will fly to him, and you will battle him, to the death." He clapped his hands together, jerking them up to the sky, imagining there were giant words on a poster in front of him. "Black and Blue, fight night! The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world. Goddess vs man. Day vs night. Daughter of Krypton vs Bat of Gotham. Lover vs. Lover."

The Super twin clenched her jaw tightly, grinding her teeth to keep from snapping every bone in the little psycho's body. If she played her cards right, she could grab him and take him to the nearest police station. "You think I'll fight him for you?"

"Yes, I do. I think you'll fight, fight, fight for that special lady in your life." Lex spoke smugly.

"She's safe on the ground." Jessica shrugged. "How about you?"

"Close, but I'm not talking about Lois. That's your brother's, special little lady." He reached into his pocket. "No, every girl's special lady is her mother, her best friend in the whole world!"

"What..." Jessica whispered in fear, her whole world stops. Lex knew her mother would be the one thing to get her to do whatever he wanted. Her mother is the only happiness she gets, the only woman who would love her no matter her flaw.