Our New Life

Time jump the twins have been home for 7 weeks

Ellen's POV

I wake up to Stella net to my bed and I see that she is crying.

"Honey, what's the matter?" I ask her while picking her up onto the bed.

"All the kids in my class always talk about there dads and I don't know what to say when they ask me about my dad. What am I supposed to say?" Stella told me. After hearing that my heart broke for her.

"We could ask Paddy when he wakes up if you can call him 'dad' if it is ok with him. How does that sound?"

"Can we ask him?"

"Yea once he wakes up you can ask him when we eat breakfast." I offer.

"Ok, I'm gonna play with toys until then. I love you mommy."

"I love you more sweetheart." She goes down stairs to the playroom and I get up to check on the twins. When I peer into the room I see that Ollie staring at the ceiling and Mia is still sleeping. I walk over to Olivers crib and pick him up once he sees my face he smiles. I walked over to the rocking chair and sit down a rock him while he stares at me smiling. I look over at the door and I see that Patrick is taking pictures of us. He goes over and picks up Mia and goes to the other rocking chair to rock Mia.

"So little miss came into our room this morning upset because she didn't have anything to say about her dad to the other kids at school. I suggested that she asks you if she can call you 'dad'. If you are ok with that." I ramble to Patrick.

"I would love nothing more than Stella to call me 'dad' if she wants to." We go down stairs to get breakfast ready for all three kids and ourselves. As I am getting the eggs onto a plate I see Stells go over to Paddy so I get the twins ready while they talk to each other. Mia, Ollie, and I eat some of our breakfast when Paddy and Stella walk over smiling. 

"Mommy guess what Paddy said I could call him daddy. Now I have someone to talk about to my friends!"

"That's great sweetie." 

...

I told Stella that she can stay home tomorrow because I think that she needs a day with just me and Paddy so we are getting a babysitter for the twins.

"Stella what do you want to do today?" Paddy asks her.

"Can we go to Disneyland?" She asks using her puppy eyes.

"Sure let's get changed." We all get upstairs and change into shorts and t-shirts. Then we drove to Disneyland. Once we got there and got the tickets Stella is running around looking for rides to go on with Paddy. 

...

We got in the car and Stells immediately fell asleep in the back of the car. As soon as we got home Paddy took Stells upstairs and placed her in the bed. He told me put on a nice dress and wait for him outside. I go upstairs to change I pick out a lavender short dress with spaghetti straps. I go outside to wait for Paddy.

"Where are you taking me?" I question while he walks me to the back of my yard by the bushes where it overlooks the water.

"Right here," he says, "Ellen when I first saw you it was like the room lit up, from our first date I always knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. You're the first person I want to look at when I wake up in the morning, and the only one I kiss goodnight. Because the first time I saw these hands," Tears are running down both of our faces as he takes my hands into his, "I couldn't imagine not being able to hold them. As soon as you walked into my life I understood why it didn't work out with anyone else. I promise you, no one will work harder to make you happy or cherish you more than me. When you love someone as much as I love you, getting married is the only thing left to do," He gets down on one knee, "so Ellen Pompeo, will you marry me?"

"Yes, Patrick 100 times yes." I yell while he puts the ring on my finger. (ring is above) We are both crying tears of joy. Paddy picks me up and spins me around while kissing me. We went upstairs and enjoyed our night together as an engaged couple.