fourteen

alice had warned both the pack and the coven that the day of the battle between the newborns would talk place the day it snows, as seen in her visions. so when y/n saw the snow, both her and jasper rushed to get the pack and the coven ready.

they stood in the fields, waiting and preparing for the battle.

y/n stood at the back of the cullens and in front of the shapeshifters who all gave her a comforting rub with their head. she smiled weakly when leah pushed her slight, "i'll let you know." she replied, knowing it had something to do with jasper.

jasper looked directly at y/n when she spoke and zoomed to be beside her. he linked his hands with hers, "are you alright?" he whispered.

she nodded and looked down at the hands, "do you really think we're gonna win?"

"100% certain." he nodded, gently rubbing her hand with his thumb and she smiled.

"if we win," she started.

"when."

"right, when we win, maybe we could go out on a date or something?" she asked and started right into his eyes.

he smiled, "aren't the guys supposed to ask that?"

"sorry mr old fashioned, you took too long." she giggled and he pulled a jokingly sad face.

"of course we can."

"they're coming." edward yelled, "i can hear their thoughts." he and everyone got ready for the fight. each couple gave a kiss to their significant other so y/n looked at jasper and kissed his cheek softly.

"let's win this."

-

the fight begun. the newborns outnumbered the coven by a large amount, even with the pack helping so carlisle and jasper shared a nervous look.

emmett charged at a newborn, distracting him as paul mauled his head off. the pair had become close friends and this gave them an advantage in the fight.

bella and edward both ran up to a newborn and immediately cracked their head, throwing the limbs to either side of the forest.

it didn't take long for numbers to become even. the newborns didn't fight with much effort so it was clear they were going to lose. riley and victoria noticed this and they begun to run. jasper and y/n realised and both ran after then, with seth right behind.

the chase begun.

-

during the fight, carlisle and esme found a small brown haired girl, hiding behind a big rock. they looked at each other before turning back to the girl, obviously frightened.

"i'll surrender! i swear i will!"

-

in the chase, seth outsmarted riley and victoria and took a shortcut. they hadn't noticed but leah was hot on their tail after realising her brother had followed the newborn and jasper.

seth had cut off riley and victoria, howling for jasper and y/n to hurry. victoria leaped at seth, trying to kill him but she was too late and leah dragged her head first behind a tree. within seconds, victoria's head flew and landed in front of riley.

seth circled him slowly and y/n stepped forward. jasper had taught her how to kill a vampire so she was determined to be the one who ended riley.

"y/n," riley started, "spare me." he pleaded, seeming apologetic but y/n knew he was lying. she could feel the insincerity of his words.

"oh cut the crap riley," she rushed to him and in seconds his head was ripped off. with one swift move jasper lit both victoria and riley on fire.

leah and seth glanced at each other before rushing back to the fields, hearing the alpha cry.

"we should probably follow them," y/n started and jasper nodded, a wide smile and they both ran to the field.

when jasper and y/n arrived, the pack had already left. as the volturi and them rarely saw eye to eye, they decided it would better for them to head home.

"alice saw a vision of the volturi coming. they probably know that the missing people have been linked to riley and victoria." edythe explained.

"where's carlisle and esme?" jasper asked. edward tilted to his head to the big rock where carlisle and esme were sitting by. y/n saw someone else there and furrowed her eyebrows.

"what's wrong?" jasper asked, everyone becoming quite concerned.

y/n couldn't believe her eyes. "the person sitting next to carlisle and esme, they have the same shoes my little sister had, bree. painted with the little daisy and everything."

edward's eyes awkwardly looked back and forward from carlisle, esme and the girl to y/n. he had already made the connection.

y/n looked at him and read his thoughts, gasping, "it can't be." she whispered.