c h a p t e r t w o

Start from the beginning

"You're knocked up?" His eyes widened.

"Pregnant" she corrected "but yes"

"Damn, five months" he chuckled "that's why you look fat-"

Her eyes widened and she glared at him.

"I look fat?" She questioned.

"Well yes, you're supposed to be" he shrugged making her eyes widened.

"I'm telling Adwin that you called me fat " she mumbled as she huffed a breath.

He smiled and kissed her cheek.

"If the baby looks anything like you I can tell he or she will be stunning" he whispered making her smile and blush.

"Now leave, your face disgusts me" he muttered, making her gasp.

"I'm pregnant" she whined as tears pricked her eyes.

He rolled his eyes as she stormed off, whining and crying. He shook his head and went back to rereading his script, trying to get his one-night-stand out of his head.

*

Adwin chuckled at his friend as his wife dozed off beside him. He wrapped his jacket tighter around her and rubbed her back.

"You finally got with a woman " he chuckled "and here I thought you would stay a nun forever"

He glared at him.

"You're just as annoying as your wife" he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah well unfortunately for you we're your only friends" he shrugged.

"It's a shame" Danilo shrugged "You should really get her into bed, work has been stressful"

His eyes darted to her pudgy stomach.

"I hope Edward isn't stressing her too much" he mumbled as he placed a kiss on her fingers.

"Well work hasn't been easy, we're learning to work with the extras a-" Adwin cut him off.

"Adele mentioned something about you firing her friend," he recalled.

Danilo sighed and shrugged.

"She caught me on a bad day" he excused himself.

"Get your emotions checked Danilo" Adwin suggested "You just can't fire someone because you're pissed"

Danilo was about to say something when Adele let out a yawn.

"Get her to bed" Danilo sighed "I'll see you next week?"

"That is if Nathaniel doesn't kill me" he mumbled, referring to Adele's father who surely wouldn't be happy about the fact that they had recklessly gotten married in Las Vegas.

"You have no idea" Danilo
mumbled to himself.

*

Alondra tried to cover her mouth as sobs racked her body. Her hands shook making her drop the stick.

"You're fine" she kept repeating as beads of sweat trailed down her skin.

No, she wasn't fine. She was pregnant. How could she have been this reckless? How was she going to birth a human being? She would have to give it up for adoption- 

"No Alondra" she shook her head as more tears rolled down her cheek "You're horrible"

Sure she wasn't stable but giving up the child like her parents gave her up was the cruelest thing to do.

"I have to tell Danilo-" she cut herself off "He'll hate me."

She placed her hand over her flat stomach and sighed. She needed to book a doctor's appointment but she didn't have that type of money. She was jobless and barely getting by on rent. She had been living off leftovers for two days.