"So you can shift fire? Just like your family? How exciting." he let out a malicious laugh, lifting his palms up. He rubbed them together, and before she could attest, a flame came blazing out of them— eyes turning a burnt red shade. Minseo gulped back the shock, spontaneously jumping off the fence of the bleachers and back onto the grass field. She took big steps backwards down the halfway line, the fire in his hands only growing. Right as she attempted to spark a flame of her own, nothing erupted. Her eyes slightly widened for a moment, but it wasn't like she didn't know this would happen.

And that's why she wanted to do this alone; she was the only one fit for the job.

"You manipulated my shifting." she growled, gathering up every droplet of dew in the grass to form a whip of water. "Took you long enough to figure out, babe." he smirked, shooting a tail of fire beneath her feet. Minseo's reflexes were faster, jumping over it and burning it out with the bubble in her right hand, throwing a jab of the sharp liquid towards him with her left.

It brushed against the denim of his jeans, cutting through all the threads and leaving blood to ooze out of the cut she made. Seongbin winced slightly, holding his thigh in surprise. With no more words to say, he formed a whip of his own, striking to her side in a slicing motion. Minseo stepped the opposite direction, fire grazing her jersey enough to set it on fire. She panicked for a moment, drowning the flame with her water.

Just like she would on the court, she took three bouncy steps towards him, jumping up and wrapping the long rope of liquid around his neck. She pushed him down with her foot in the process, now hovering over him as he laid in the grass, choking on the air that wouldn't enter his lungs. Minseo gritted her teeth, shutting her eyes as she turned the water into ice, hardening the grip on around his throat.

Wrong move. Seongbin brought his blazing hands around the handmade necklace, melting away the ice quickly and pushing her off with a thud. He was now on top of her now- and it was one of her most vulnerable positions. "Remember when we'd be like this in bed?" he taunted, the timbre of his voice heartless and low. No matter the situation, no matter the urgency, you couldn't stop trauma. Memories of him on top of her, ripping apart the fabric of her clothes flooded through her mind, tears welling up in her eyes at the remembrance. Seongbin was never good to her.

What rung her out of the flashbacks was his fist, hot and aflame and about to ram into her face. Spontaneously, with no need of an element, her knee jabbed in between his legs before his flame could touch her. He groaned out in pain and Minseo rolled over attempting to stand, but rain began pouring down and her rubbery shoes slipped on the artificial grass. Her vision was blurred, but the water could now be used to her advantage.

Before she could trek over to him and gather up a mass amount, his next move took her by surprise. Seongbin shot a hard gust of rain to her face, resulting in her falling onto her back at the impact. Minseo coughed harshly as it went into her nostrils, rubbing the droplets that escaped into her eye sockets that were burning too. Before she could act, she felt her body being dragged across the grass, leaving a rash on the back of her legs for sure. She looked down to see chains of water around her ankles and he was dragging her by the handle.

Minseo almost gasped, lifting up her hands to grab a jumble of rain for herself- but it seemed like he manipulated it before she could take control of the element. Her teeth gritted, cursing the skies and the tears down her face for pouring down so harshly. Thankfully, she had enough energy to sit up in the shackles, jumping upwards to grab his wrists with burning palms.

The contact was enough to leave a definite burn on his wrists, but it didn't stop there. Her fist came into contact with his face once more and slammed into his left eye— also bound to leave a scar beneath his eyebrow. Seongbin hissed at the pain, mercilessly punching her right back across the face. Minseo barely stumbled backwards, but the lack of friction on the slippery ground hindered her from performing as well as she anticipated.