Four months ago

She never called. It's been a week since she ran out and never contacted. I am going crazy. I wake up in the middle of the night to check my phone. I haven't left the house, not even for a second, in case she passes by. I don't wear headphones or play loud music in case she knocks on my door. Who knows how soft these delicate fingers of her would knock on my door.
Sometimes I hear her voice. Her laugh. Like she's haunting me. And nothing could be better.

   Something hits my window. It startles me for a moment and then intrigues me. I open the blinds and she's there. At her window. I mean in her window. Like really in it. Sitting on the window frame. Legs out. Her fingers unconsciously picking at another small stone, she smiles at me with a subtle shrug. And then mouths "Hi". I love her. At first look, my eyes were blessed with the sight of her that I didn't notice how dangerous this whole scene is. Once I noticed, I kept signaling that she gets inside, but she only giggled and shook her head no. I was frightened to death. One wrong move and she would fall dead. The problem is that no one found that wrong but me. The people just passed by not giving her a second glance. Cars, cops, and passengers. No one cared. Not even her. Then I said to myself that even I wouldn't mind if it was someone else. What she's doing is just a reckless move not a deadly one. I could see people behaving similarly and not be interested enough to look for more than a second or two. But with her, it's not okay. She can't do something silly. She can't hurt herself. I can't let her do it. I picked my phone and dialed her number out of my memory.
I memorized it right away. It was too special to be just another contact in my phone.
   I waited as her phone ringed. She took it out from her pocket and checked the screen. Then looked at me and tilted her head as if saying "Really?!", and I just shrugged and mouthed "Please".
   She rolled her eyes and picked up.

"What did I tell you about not calling me?"
"Yeah, but you somewhat knocked on my window, so I thought you won't mind... and plus I had to make you get inside. This is crazy. You might break every single bone in your body." Your tender body.
"No."
"C'mon. Please. You are freaking me out."
   She giggled again.
"It's ironic how much you care about me when you barely know me. I mean, you don't even know my name. Did you care that much about all the girls you went out with?"
"No. You're not just a girl. You're the only girl I ever cared about. And I swear I am not just saying that for the sake of charming you. I mean it, Hazel. You're a first. In everything." I wonder if I said too much.
"The only girl?" something shifted in her eyes, lips not smiling anymore.
"Yes."
    She stared at me for seconds that felt like an eternity, then looked to the left and smiled sadly. It kills me that something/one managed to distress, if not agonize, her. And the fact that I can't ask about that peppers me to the core. I hate my uselessness.
"Would you please come in?" I plead with impatience.
     With a tired voice, she said "Come take me in. I left the door open."