Chapter Twenty Nine

Começar do início

"Get what child?"

"You, showing me that I can move on because they're going to be alright."

She laughs and shakes her head. "Sweet girl that is a very beautiful sentiment but that was not at all the purpose of this. Everything is not resolved. Take a closer look."

Scrunching my eyebrows in confusion I focus again and this time I feel the realization dawn on me as I see the barbecued werepires begin to twitch back to life.

"We have to do something." I say urgently. "Once they come to, they will head straight for Lucius and attack everyone else in that field for stopping them from completing their goal."

She nods "Correct. If something is not done there will be another battle and this one will be very gruesome. Now what happens next is completely up to you."

"What? How is it up to me? I'm dead."

"That is true yes, but it is up to you if you stay that way. There is a way to get you back down there."

My heart races and I shake my head "What's the catch? Resurrection is huge which means the price will be steep."

She nods as amusement shines in her eyes "You are an intuitive girl, I'll give you that. Yes, there is a price and if you are willing to pay it we will return your soul to its body."

"Well? What is it?" I demand impatiently.

"Because your hybrid species has disrupted the laws of nature and is the cause of so many unnecessary deaths, we cannot allow any more of you to continue walking the Earth. In order for you to return, all Werepires must be terminated. Wiped clean from the planet. Only then will nature's balance be restored."

"No." I state immediately "I will not allow you to murder them. Most of them didn't voluntarily choose that life. They were forced into it. Forget it, I will not pay that price."

Hazel sits still as she studies me quietly for a few moments before nodding "Very well. What would you say to... a compromise?"

"What kind of compromise?"

"We let them all live... but we pull away the magic that's turned them into hybrids?" She suggests.

"You mean like removing the vampire side? They'd just revert back into regular wolves again?"

She nods "Yes."

"I'd like to add something." I say as I come to a stand. Hazel mimics my movements and stands before me, gesturing for me to continue. "I know that you've formed a sort of truce with the spirit of the Moon Goddess. I'd like you to convene with her and create a new law. One that forbids the creation of any more werepires. Those who attempt to break that law will fail to complete the transformation, resulting in their death."

Hazel stares at me for a moment before she nods approvingly "Very well Miss Lume. Consider it done. But be warned, that law also applies to you. Once we send your soul back you will go back to being a regular wolf."

I scoff "I was never regular. Hybrid gene or not, Alpha blood runs through my veins."

She smirks "You've got some spunk. I like you."

I shrug in answer and she waves her hand towards the side and a slight shimmer in the air causes a door to plop down beside us. "Go on and say goodbye to your family while I meet with the Goddess to pass that new law." She says. I nod and turn the knob, stopping only when she places her hand on my shoulder "Be sure to say your proper goodbyes, for now. The next time you die it will be permanent so get your closure now and move on so that you can live a full and happy life."