Chapter Twenty Three

Começar do início

"No!" She screams at me as he digs his claws into her chest "Finish the spell Rose. Focus on the spell!"

"Malum Carcerem." I sob as I chant and watch as she burns and he rips out her heart.

"Give it up Rose. You are weak. No one is here to back you up, to help you. You're all alone." He taunts and the flames begin to fade and the portal becomes smaller. My heart tightens in my chest and I push past the tears and chant louder. I look at Asha and see the pain in her eyes as she stares at Naya's lifeless body. I still have my sister, I am not alone.

Emerson follows my line of vision and chuckles "Ah yes, I'd almost forgotten. Thank you."

"Stay the hell away from her." I shout and he smirks evilly. My eyes widen as I realize I've fallen into his trap. "Malum Carcerem."

"'Fraid not darling." He smirks.

"Malum Carcerem." I repeat over and over but the Kynda plops on the grass as the portal shuts down.

"Weak little witch. You've proved my theory correct. You're all alone and all of your friends' deaths were pointless."

"She's not alone." Says a cold voice. A woman pale as chalk with hair black as the dark sea emerges from the woods along with an army of vampires.

"Ah. Dear Clementine, you really are the pathetic ex lover I cannot seem to rid myself of."

She sneers and the vampires hiss as the previous dead wolves begin to stir awake. "I see you've turned them." She comments as the wolves come to a slow stand "Couldn't stand to be on your own?"

"What are you doing here? Since when do you concern yourself with witch matters?" He evades her question with one of his own meanwhile I continue to chant quietly.

"Isn't it obvious? I want you dead. If that means siding with the witch for now then so be it."

Emerson laughs "You do realize my wolves will kill all of you before you can blink?"

His laughter gets cut short when more wolves emerge from the forest. By the look on his face these were not on his side but they are familiar to him if the disbelief on his features is any indication. Numerous wolf packs now surround us.

"Son." Emerson says and my eyes widen and I almost lose focus on the spell. He has a son? "What is the meaning of this? You would dare fight beside vampires against your own father? Disgracing the Ember Pack in the process?"

"You are not to concern yourself with the Ember Pack anymore and you are no longer my father. You ceased to matter to me or my siblings the moment we discovered mother's death did not come at the hands of the vampires, but by yours. You've committed the most vile act of all and broken our most sacred law. You murdered your mate and thus ensured your own death. The Moon Goddess is not pleased. The moon shines red, its purity tainted with your betrayal." He says as he comes closer to us.

"Son, enough of this. I do not wish to hurt you but if you insist on fighting you will leave me with no choice." Emerson pleads, showing a sliver of emotion for the first time.

His son slices his palm with his claw and places his hand in mine "Burn in hell." He growls and with a simple nod from Emerson the hybrids attack. I continue to chant despite my burning need to ask his son why he is standing beside me. But when I feel his blood mingle with my own the pentacle on my forehead burns and tingles with powerful magic.

"The Moon Goddess came to me in a dream and told me what I am to do to aid you in bringing down my father." He whispers with a nod.

Every creature has some higher power they believe in. For witches it's our ancestors, for vampires it's the spirit of the Vampire King and for the wolves it's The Moon Goddess. Yet throughout my entire life I'd never believed The Moon Goddess was real, until now.

The moon casted a red spotlight on Emerson of its own accord and the ground began to shake as the Kynda vibrated and the portal reopened. I chanted with every ounce of renewed strength flowing through me. Emerson shouts in agony as he begins to get dragged into the hell fire.

"Reece!" He shouts as his body is halfway gone. Before I can comprehend what is happening a large brown wolf comes charging towards me and in a quick blur tosses Asha's paralyzed form towards Emerson.

"Focus, he's almost gone." His son urges me to continue the spell meanwhile all I want to do is scream.

The last thing I ever saw on this Earth was Emerson desperately grabbing a hold of the Kynda and the look of absolute terror shining through Asha's blue eyes seconds before they got sucked into the fiery prison and a blinding white light exploded, rippling through the air as I stared right into the heart of the explosion.

Losing my sight, Forever.

A/N

Guys I had so much fun writing the Witch chapters. It's so intense!!! I freaking love it!! Don't you guys love it!?? Ughhhhh 💓💓💓💓