[Chapter 15]. Death to All Traitors

"These valuable playing cards... aren't you going to pick them up?" Mira had a wicked expression written on her face. Chishiya sat down near the roof not barely looking at her.

Setsuna followed Chishiya and felt overwhelmed with betrayal...? Was he working for her?! She gulped thickly and clenched the palms of her hands into fists.

"You were just about to leave the Beach with the cards from the safe when you got caught up in this game... is that about right?" Mira figured it out that Chishiya was planning to abandon everyone.

Setsuna didn't know that bit.

She felt lost.

She felt confused.

Chishiya was planning to leave and for what? To never tell her?

"I get the feeling of gathering these cards are... meaningless," Chishiya replied nonchalantly.

Hearing everything from Chishiya till this moment truly hurt Setsuna. She wanted to leave, scream at him for using her like this! However, her feet wouldn't move or dare to run.

"Even if that being the case, there's only 10 minutes left. Aren't you going to put up some futile resistance?" Mira then asked looking up at the night sky.

Setsuna wanted to kill with all her emotion put into it.

"This time I'll leave it to him. I was never really suited for hearts games." He paused and then continued.

"I never wanted to understand the hearts of others."

Setsuna vanished from the scene after those words left his lips.

><><><

Her heart cracked and betrayal washed over her face. Was he conspiring against her enemy? Many emotions swept under her heart depleting her skin's colour from pink to white.

She walked back to the main lobby but this time she stood next to Asahi who was raging with animosity from Agni.

"It's not too late. Save the lives of those remaining." Arisū held his breath as he clutched his right side. Setsuna looked down at her calloused hands and wondered if this will drag on till the lasers kill them all.

Arisū stood up, "I know who the real witch is. That person, the witch is..." before he could even finish his sentence and point to who the witch was. Agni punched Arisū in the stomach causing him to fall over.

"There's no need to talk this out. I'm the witch!! I'll face you all! If you want to clear the game you'll have to try and kill me first!!" Agni's rage grew more and more. He started to rampage against the Beach members along with the militants he was associated with the killings of their comrades. The atmosphere was immense and Setsuna unsheathed her wakizashi.

"I won't let you kill them!!" She shouted aiming her blade cutting his forearm but he kicked her into a pillar nearly immobilizing her. His strength! Isn't something I have encountered in a long time.

"Why won't you stop?!" Arisū got up from the ground. His face was all battered; his arms and legs were bruised.

"Have you gone past the point of no return? Isn't this exactly what the game wants?!" Arisū coughed out just enough to catch Agni's attention.

"A-Arisū... P-Please don't–"

Setsuna tried to stand up but fell over once again. Her anger was beginning to show. This man was a complete lunatic.