[Chapter 6]. Chishiya's Game Plan

I think... I don't know if Chishiya is OOC. Please let me know so I can revise it.

><><>

Setsuna didn't particularly go back to the Beach right away. She took an underground tunnel to check up on the base and get answers about the unwarranted spades that appeared.

"Oi Setsuna-san," Kizura appeared waving as nothing has ever happened.

Setsuna crossed her arms over her chest and tried to contain her anger. But was she angry? Or was she upset expecting a different outcome out of the game?

"Am I on death's door now?" Setsuna asked but nobody said a word.

"Heh? What do you mean? We all are at death's door. This is the Borderlands. None of us wanted to be here in the first place." Yonē says without hesitation.

"Who set that 8 of Spades up?"

Nobody said a word.

"I'll not ask again," her fists clenched.

"Woah Woah..." Yonē backed up and some of the others in the base weren't speaking.

"It was scheduled to be a 10 of clubs. I-I don't know why it turned out to be an 8 of spades..." Kizura shook her head displeased by what happened.

Setsuna thought for a moment and stormed out of the base. She knew exactly who it was. That bitch Mira changed it.

But why did she?

><><><>

Chishiya walked with Kuina down the long corridors. "How long till the militants stop giving us sore looks?" Kuina complained as she stretched her arms back.

Chishiya shrugged, "who knows, maybe until they figure out how to use their brains and not rely on others." He had a marvellous look which Kuina nodded in return.

"Setsuna was good as in combat skills-wise. I still don't know where she learned her abilities to fight like that?" Kuina yawned still unsatisfied with the mystery of Setsuna.

Chishiya paused, he usually never is wrong. Something struck about Setsuna that caught his attention from the moment he saw her back in the tag game.

"She's definitely my favourite one," he smirked from the 8th floor watching her go head-on with a machine gun.

He is more of a laid-back observer. He'd rather figure out his opponents' motives before striking a move. Much like playing chess. Except Setsuna wasn't catching onto him which is a good thing.

He despises the Beach's board. He is No. 9 currently in the latter. He thought about how he should be much higher than that due to his intelligence and carrying the games victory.

"So what exactly are you planning, Chishiya?" Kuina slumped her shoulders back as she bit down on the vape softly not denting it.

"The cards are what everyone is after in hopes the real world reverts itself again? What happens if the people of Tokyo haven't disappeared? What happens if it was just us?" Chishiya thought of this theory as a potential.

"You're saying we have slipped through a dimension?" Kuina wasn't entirely buying it.

"No. This all could be an illusion, Kuina. I want to steal the playing cards,"

><><><><>

Setsuna returned back to the beach. Zara and Fumiko greeted her with smiles. Some people around were backing away not giving any eye contact to her.