[Chapter 2]. Game of Tag

Manga spoilers. This is based on the manga so it'll be different than the show scenario.

><><

The game was close to starting. Setsuna reached the starting point. And there were already twelve participants.

It was dead silent. Nobody in particular caught her attention. Although, a young woman seemed to be stretching on the floor.

"Looks like this time the participates seem to be quite large." A buff man who held his hands in his pocket said walking in the arena with his friend next to him.

Setsuna didn't pay too much close to attention. Her black hood covering most of her appearance.

"It is now time for the game."

The voice projector announced.

"The game you will be participating in is...."

"Tag."

"If you are caught. You will die,"

Setsuna already knew most of the game's journal. She crossed her arms and noticed a young blonde male charging his phone. She noticed he was hardly paying attention to the game.

"Heh... using electricity here? Odd being." Setsuna laughed to herself.

"A game of tag...?"

"Haha a game of tag."

"We aren't little kids."

Three participants started to play Rock Paper Scissors to be "it" which wasn't how the game works. Setsuna rolled her eyes.

The tall brown haired kid and his muscular blond friend seemed to understood the game mechanics. Setsuna had a sigh of relief wash over her seeing that not everyone is an idiot.

"When we get guys like those. It makes it harder for the rest of us. And I'm Nitobe," a small built man with a fedora on held his hand out. The other two look displeased as Nitobe explained the type of games.

"And finally the rules will be explained."

"Everyone in this complex will be running from 'it'

There is only one 'game clear' condition.

If you touch the 'safe zone' within 30 minutes. You successfully clear the game.

In this complex there is only one 'unlocked room' that is the safe room.

Find it before the time runs out."

Setsuna made a tsk sound as the basic rules were said.

"This complex will explode will explode decimating all and leaving no survivors. Thus, if a game over occurs, there won't be any lives left."

Many participants were chattering about an old story how a mass murderer killed ten or twenty people in this old complex building. It was an interesting tale to hear.

Some of the contestants were terrified about what was going to happen. Setsuna learned the two team players names as Arisū and Karube starting their game strategies.

"Game starts now~"

Setsuna grabbed ahold of her senses, her main objective would be finding the safe room. But she watched where the other players were hiding. She ran up a few stair cases to the fourth floor near the very end.

She looked up and saw the hooded blonde kid taking pleasure in seeing them all get into positions. Setsuna didn't like his look, that was the look some of her former teammates had when they held the upper card.