[Chapter 3]. The Beach

Setsuna's eyes slowly opened. She was tied to a bed. She grunted not liking where this was going? She felt no indication that she was sexually coerced.

She tried to wiggle her wrists from the rope that was tied to the bed frame. It was useless; double knotted.

"The hell is this?" The door burst open and a tall middle-aged man with a wicked smile walked in. His large afro was the only distraction she could make out of.

"Oh, finally you're awake. I was worried Aguni might've hit you too hard," the man smirked. And that was the cue for three others to walk in. A tall woman with sunglasses and another—

"M-Mira?" Setsuna knew who she is.

But she didn't think carefully when she said her name. Mira looked very displeased. "You know each other?" Hatter looked back at Mira.

"Yes, I met her in a game!" Setsuna laughed cautiously. What a white lie... she still hasn't proved her worth to the game masters. And it's only been close to a month since the new games begun.

"Well then. I'm Takeru, known as the Hatter. My representatives noticed you held no card on at all. Are you new? Aguni inquired that your fighting skills are rather unique. Hmm, you are relatively odd, no new player would act with the likes of your mind. Tell me, what do you plan here in the Borderlands?" He caught on as she hid her most favourable cards away. Three of the cards she has were stuck elsewhere; no one will find them. Even then, it was pointless to collect the cards. You have to complete the face card games to win. But it's not against the rules for citizens to tell these brainless players that collecting cards are a waste of time.

"Hmm? Who knows? I could be wandering aimlessly trying to survive...? Or I'm not a complete idiot to collect cards knowingly they won't return everyone back to the real world." Mira shot Setsuna a deadly look as to watch out for what she was saying.

"So you do know something, is that correct?" The Hatter revealed all the cards they have collected so far making Setsuna roll her green orbs.

"As expected, a complete waste of time." She dryly chuckled. Making the Hatter huff while crossing his arms over his chest.

"Then enlighten me, girl. How do we leave this country?" he asked while tapping one foot on the ground. Ann and Mira scrutinized their gaze on Setsuna. But that made Setsuna think of the right phrase to say without a laser beam killing her.

"Who knows, maybe you have to complete every card game and survive face card games to return. Or this is all a dream; you can die here and wake up in the real world and have normal lives again." Setsuna's breathing hitched, but no laser came down and killed her. Mira is testing her; she is watching her phrases and etiquette.

"You'll be among the lowest rank–"

"Who says I'm joining you?"

"Oh, so you want to die?"

A few of their squad held guns but not directly pointing at her. She smirked, well then that's how it is. She will be a clairvoyant among the base.

"I get to wear my usual clothes—"

"That won't be permitted, Ann give her some beach attire. Make her look sexy." The Hatter had a devilish smile on his face. Setsuna gulped nervously.

What the hell did he mean by that? Why didn't I ran from Aguni when I had the chance.

"As you wish, Takeru-dono."

"Oh and one last thing. If you ever betray me, well you'll know if that time comes." Setsuna's grin dropped at his words. One of the Beach representatives untangled the knots as The Hatter left.