Part 2: Chapter 23

JENNIE POV

After our weekend in London, I was back in Paris with Jae. He was sitting across from me and I just stared at him. Him and the baby in his arms.

"So, um... is that your child?" I asked.

He was feeding the little baby boy some food with a spoon and cleaned the drool with a napkin. It was really cute, though. Jae was so adorable and delicate with this baby. For a moment, it felt like this could be was our future and it was our baby...

"This is Celine's godchild. She couldn't get out of work today so I'm helping her out," Jae told me.

I smiled at the baby and reached over the table to hold his little hands, but he wrapped his fingers around mine and I whimpered in happiness.

"He's so cute," I cooed and pinched his little cheeks.

Jae laughed and I looked at him. He was smiling at me with that same look from London. He looked so happy. I felt my cheeks heat up then he pinched my cheek lightly.

"You're blushing. It's cute," he said and I gulped. Why did he have to look at me like that? It was killing me.

I cleared my throat and covered my flattered smile by looking in another direction.

"What would you name your first child?" he asked.

What was he getting at?

"I don't know. I've never thought about having children." I was more focused on missing Jae than moving on in the last year.

"Fair enough. I never wanted to get married, so there's that. I don't even like to date."

He never wanted to get married? Then what was Celine? A pet?

"Then why are you engaged to her?"

"Hm?"

"Huh?"

"What?"

"I asked you a question... Why are you marrying Celine if you don't want to?"

Jae shrugged and bounced the baby in his arms. He wasn't making any sense and quite frankly, I became a little offended. Did he think it was a funny joke to play around with Celine?

"Why are you still dating her? Why did you even propose? Are you here just to waste her time? Answer me."

Jae stared at me, "It's none of your concern. That's all."

"Then why am I here?" Why would I be wasting my own time if he couldn't trust me with whatever he had with Celine?

You know what? Fuck it. I'm calling Taehyung and I'm telling him the plan is on. Jae can't play with people's hearts like this anymore and get away with it without a scratch.

I got up from my seat and I gave him time to say something before I left but he didn't. He didn't say a word.
______

JAE POV

"I don't know what your intentions are with Celine are, or whatever you want from me but I'm done. I'm done with being your...  your 'whatever'—your booty call. It's me or her," Jennie told me sternly.

I continued to stare at her in silence as I hesitated. It was so sudden and I didn't know what to say with the godchild of my fiancée in my arms.

Eventually, she walked away and I was left to watch her leave. I was forced to sit and remain although I wanted to run after her, but my legs didn't work. I told her I'd never leave her yet here she was, leaving me instead.