23: Red

⚠️Author's Note: This chapter contains mature contents

⚠️Author's Note: This chapter contains mature contents. Read at your own risk. 

Purrs. 

Lisa woke up with the soft caresses of Jungkook against her cheek. She purred softly and let herself get used to those gentle touches of her mate against her skin. But then—flashes of his Dark alpha crossed her mind. She fluttered her eyes open and caught his wrist. Jungkook didn’t look surprise with her alertness, he had witnessed that multiple times and even though she can still feel some pain in her stomach, her soldier instincts are kicking in. 

“It’s okay, it’s still me.” Jungkook softly said, making her close her eyes and nod. She released his wrist and let him pull her against his chest. She sniffed his scent and released a heavy sigh. 

“I’m sorry.” She mumbled and nuzzles her face against his neck. Jungkook rubbed her back and kissed her forehead. 

“It’s okay, I know you’re worried he might resurface.” He said, making her lift her head to look at him. He just smiled and gave her another kiss on her cheek. “I will leave for the day.” 

“What?” Lisa uttered, shifting her weight against her elbow. She gripped on his shirt and stared at him. 

But he only gave her another smile. “I need to visit the Ranchers today. The harvest is near and I need to check if everything is going well. Just before the trial tonight, I had to make sure the pack is prepared for the upcoming winter. Would you like to come with me?” 

Lisa blinked her eyes several times and bites her lower lip. 

“My wolves are looking forward to meet their Queen.” He said, making her agape her lips. “Although, I didn’t ask for your hand yet—the walls have ears and the news have wings. They are very curious of who you are.” 

“I—I don’t have—anything to – wear.” She said, biting her lower lip. “Roaming around with my uniform—is not a good idea.” 

Jungkook nodded. “Don’t worry. Nurturer Somi prepared something for you. Let’s get you cleaned up.” He said and lifted her up the bed to walk towards the bathroom. 

Lisa found herself leaning against Jungkook’s chest. They are sitting on that huge bathtub filled with warm bubbles that smells like lavender and roses. His hand is gently rubbing her back with that soft loofa that feels so relaxing against her body. The pain in her body isn’t there anymore. She had a great sleep and this warm bath made it better. She is keeping her silence. She is letting her mate clean her while she plays with the bubbles around. 

“What are—Ranchers?” Lisa curiously asked, while Jungkook squeezes that soft loofa on her shoulder then softly rub her back. 

“They’re the food makers of my pack, puppy. They grow crops, corns, wheat, vegetables and anything that could sustain the health of the entire territory. They also manage the poultries, shepherd goats and sheep  and calves. We also have barns for horses. They are the lifeline of my pack, Lisa.” He answered, making her turn to look at him. “The Seven has factions in their packs. We organized it with every role of our wolves. To make it more peaceful. We have Nurturers, Ranchers, Surgicals, Protectors and Military.” He explained, making Lisa nod.