"Evangeline is there something wrong?" Edith, a girl who sits beside me whispers. I shake my head and smile to hide my concern.

"You were distracted there for a second. You don't want to fall behind and have to work extra hours." She goes back to stitching and so do I.

***

That uneasy feeling keeps staying with me, all while I try to ignore it. From time to time, I prick my finger with the needle, since I can't concentrate. I was being slow and ended up needing to work an extra hour to finish my quota for the day.

I'm the last one to leave. The owner is waiting for me by the door. His polished shoes tap the floor repeatedly, as he glares. I mumble a hasty goodbye and leave.

The cold has gotten unbearable at this point. Every inhale of the freezing air hurts my lungs. The roads have started to get icy and I walk with caution. The few street lights are put a long distance from each other. Home is still a long way to go so I stop at one to regain some energy. I lean on the cold metal, my feet ready to give up. Usually I don't mind walking alone at night, but today I've been on edge all day. There is a wall behind me and as a reflex, I glance back but then I freeze.

Why are there two shadows?

A warm breath brushes my neck. My whole body shakes in fear. I make a slow turn. A dark figure is right behind me. I fully turn and take a few steps back. When my back touches the wall, I panic.

The figure is slim and about my height. I can tell it's a woman, she is wearing fitted clothes that show her figure, but not any sort of cloak. She takes a step closer and I can see her face.

Our resemblance is uncanny. The only difference is that her eyes are more cat-like and her hair is so dark it blends with the night. Her dark eyes shine like jewels. I can't help but stare at her captivating appearance however, I can sense her superiority.

"Why so afraid little girl?" Her voice is silky and alluring. She tilts her head, one corner of her lips raised.

"Who are you?" I cling myself to the wall as if it will swallow me in and save me.

"Oh, me? Nobody of importance." She takes another step.

"Well, I have to leave," I speak quickly and rush past her. I manage to take only a few steps until she speaks again.

"Stop!" Her voice booms in my head as my body stops. I try to move my body, but I stay put. I panic. My brain tells me to leave, but my body won't respond.

"Did I give you permission to leave?" She lets out a wicked chuckle. My body turns back to her. One of her hands is pointed at me. She signals with her finger to come closer and I do. I try to refuse my body's movements, but I'm powerless. It's like I'm a puppet and she is the puppet master.

"What are you doing to me?!" Tears sting my eyes and my breath is picking up. I come to a stop right in front of her. She raises her other hand and puts some hair behind my ear. Her eyes examine my face as she caresses my face.

"You ask too many questions, don't you?" She speaks and leans into my ear. "All you need to know is that now you are mine."

And then everything goes black.