Chapter - 5(Part 2)

Start from the beginning

I nodded at her absentmindedly thinking that people who don't even know me are willing to take care of me but the one meant to do so is just hurting me more.

"I want to leave the soonest." I said to her.

"We could leave tomorrow at dawn, the patrol is a bit weak that time, as the patrol shifts change so no one would notice us leaving." She answered.

I nodded at her, thinking of the possible way of leaving the house. I thanked her and left promising her to meet her at the borders at dawn. I made my way home thinking about a plan to leave the house unnoticed.

I reached home to find Mama cooking my favorite casserole. It broke my heart even more because what I was going to do will leave my family and friends shattered, they might even hate me.

I excused myself from dinner, because I won't be able to take a single bite without crying. Mama seemed a bit reluctant but didn't push me. I went upstairs to my room and locked my door. I pulled out a small duffel bag and started to pack a few of my clothes and essentials.

I was done with my packing, when I decided to leave a letter for my parents :

Dear Mama and Papa,

By the time you find this letter, I would be long gone. I know it was very cruel of me to leave like this but I had too. All these years of being the odd one out was taking a toll on me and I couldn't handle it anymore. Don't feel bad, I am very much blessed and happy to be able to find loving parents like you. I am thankful to the Moon Goddess for blessing me with a family and friends who love me.

Tell Gemma I love her and will miss her a lot. Tell Carla and Jake that wherever I am they will always be my best friends. Thank Alpha Xander for accepting me into the pack, and giving me the opportunity to be a part of a loving family.

I just have a last wish - please do not try to find me. I have left at my own will, and maybe someday in the future I will come back. Just remember you all will always be there in my heart and I love you all and will miss you.

Don't push yourselves to think it was your fault because it wasn't. It was my own decision and I hope you all will respect it. I will always be your daughter no matter where I live. Please don't hate me.

Your loving daughter
Crystal

I ended the letter on the verge of tears. Folding it neatly I placed it on the table, and moved towards the window.

Our house was a one-storey building so I could easily jump out of the window. I thanked Gemma for training me secretly on some jumps and defense moves. Being a human I wasn't allowed to train with the pack, so Gemma used to train me secretly in the forest until we had to stop because her Eta training started. The memories once again brought tears, but I pushed them aside. I have to be strong if I wanted this to work.

I sat beside the window reminiscing all the old memories until the vibration from my phone disturbed me, I pulled it out of my jeans to find Melanie had sent a text saying she is waiting at the borders. I checked the time to find it was already 3:45 in the morning.

I picked up my duffel bag, and looked around the room for the last time, this was my home for so many years and now I have to leave it forever. Pushing back the sadness, I took a deep breath and readied myself for the jump.

I leaned outside the window and placed my left leg onto the barrister then proceeded to place my right leg too. Now I stood on the barrister holding onto the window sill. Taking a deep breath I let go of my hold landing on my feet. With one final look at the house I scurried towards the forest to leave.

I found Melanie waiting for me in her SUV, which I didn't even know she owned. I climbed into the passenger seat and gave her a small smile, to which she returned a smile of her own.

"We need to wait for a few more minutes until we can leave." She said. I nodded at her as we sat in silence.

"What if Xavier changes his mind and asks for you?" Melanie asked, breaking the silence.

I shook my head at her saying "He won't. He made it very clear that he hates me to even care."

"Am I too selfish to leave just because I couldn't handle a simple pain." I asked

"No. You're not selfish. The pain is nothing simple, it has the ability to kill you." Melanie said.

"Seeing you hurting continuously would have hurt your loved ones more than your leaving." She continued.

"Maybe someday you could meet them and tell them all about it."

"Yeah, maybe someday." I whispered.

Seeing the coast clear, Melanie revived the engine and we crossed the pack borders. I felt a small twitch in my heart making me feel that I had lost something, but I knew this was for the good. It was supposed to happen sooner or later. I just wished it happened later and in different circumstances not like this where I had to leave like an intruder.

I am now free from all the pain, not only the recent ones but past ones too. I never thought I had to leave the pack in this manner, but this is it. This is the end of my life with the pack. Maybe the end of my life with my loved ones too. This is the end of my life with Xavier, the only person that I ever liked in my life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote and comment