"Stupefy!" Andromeda shouted and Cygnus flew backwards. Tears fell down her face as she turned and ran away from the living room. As her heels clattered and clashed, she ran into her sister who also had tears down her face.

"Andy?" She questioned.

"He found out about me and Ted," Andromeda sighed. After a few seconds she looked at the guilty expression on her sisters face.

"You told him didn't you?"

"I had to!" She shouted desperately. "Andy, I was worried and I thought that maybe father could talk some sense into you, I—I didn't know what else to do."

"Talk some sense into me?" Andromeda asked furiously. "Y—you know what our relationship is like! He already hated me enough. God you are so stupid!"

"We all care about you," Narcissa pleaded.

"Since when has father ever cared about me? I've always been third to you and Bella! Always!"

"Y—you can't leave, you just can't! I need you here, please."

"No I won't go through with this," Andromeda shook her head. "This house has never felt like a home to me. I've been isolated from anyone for years and it's not like I can talk to anyone about it because I'd end up just where we are right now!"

"You know why I love Ted so much?" Andromeda asked her sister, who now couldn't look her in the eyes. "He's the only person who's ever loved me!"

"What about me?" Narcissa responded desperately.

"You are your fathers daughter."

With a swoosh of her wand, Andromeda disapparated into thin air.

That would be the last time she'd ever step foot in the Black household again.

***
"The gouging charm is particularly useful when digging out stone or earth with ease," Professor Flitwick said clearly at the front of the classroom. "Could anyone please tell me the incantation?"

Hermione's hand shot right up in the hair without a hesitation.

"Yes, Miss Granger?"

"Defodio," she answered with no difficulty at all.

"Correct," he smiled. "If you look in your charms books, the correct movements will be depicted in the diagram."

"Now, as you will have noticed in all of your other NEWT level classes, you are required to utilise non-verbal spells. I understand it will take you a while to get use to, but please try your best."

Non-verbal incantations had been a pain in everyone's neck for two weeks now. Dean Thomas, who complained that the accuracy should be tested, managed to accidentally push Hannah Abbott backwards while attempting to revise the Protego charm. Harry and Ron were equally fed up of their inadequacy as Hermione was really starting to master them. Hallie, surprisingly, began to get good at them too.

"Defodio," Hallie thought and aimed her wand to the piece of rock they had been given. Slowly, it began to dig through the rock with ease.

"Very good, Miss Blackwell," Professor Flitwick smiled.

"This spell is a pain in the backside," Ron sighed.