You smiled, then Hinata messed up his receive.

"Yeah but they still make a lot of rookie mistakes." The assistant chuckled

"Well i can't argue with that."  The Head Coach joined in.

You rolled your eyes, and just when I thought they were actually being nice. You turned back to the court. They weren't wrong though. These boys work amazingly as a team, they just need to work on their basic's more. 'Keep a mental note of that y/n, you are supposed to be helping with this stuff aren't you.'

The first set was almost over and it was pretty clear karasuno was going to win, the score being 12 - 22, in their favor. You could see the effort the other team was putting into winning, at least their captain was giving it his all. You kinda felt sorry for them, i mean everyone was like that at some point, even you. You sighed as the whistle was blown. Karasuno won the first set and obviously you were happy but you could see how down the other team was.

Kageyama was up first to serve and you knew how strong his serves were. He got a point each time until Daichi hit the net as he was blocking, resulting in Tokonami's team to earn their first point this set.

Finally, set point, just one more until victory you thought. Tokonami looked extremely tired out but it was clear they weren't going down without a fight. You smiled at their determination, remembering how the Karasuno boys are like that.

Tokonami had scored a point, stealing it from karasuno. They cheered when all of a sudden,

"DAMN YOU!" Noya shouted, catching the other team's attention "Next time, you're all mine!" He said with such determination. At first you were caught off guard but then you smiled, knowing damn well Noya will never count someone out until the match has been won.

"Right! Take it back!" Daichi added.

"YEAH!" Everyone else joined in.

You could see the surprise on Tokonami's captains face. 'This match ain't over till it's over. These boys know that.' You thought to yourself.

Before you knew it Daichi was up in the air swinging his arm, making contact with the ball which then slammed against the floor, earning Karasuno their last point. That's it. The first match was over.

"HELL YEAH YOU DID IT!" You yelled.

"YEAH!" They yelled back

Everyone ran over while you Kiyoko handed out water bottles.

"Good job out there Nishi." You said as you gave Asahi his water.

"Thanks n/n."

"Really though, do you know when you yelled about them stealing the last point." You asked to pick up your bag.

"Mhmm" He nodded as the two of you started to walk out of the gym.

"I'm not sure if you noticed this but that meant so much to them, seeing that you guys actually saw them as true opponents"

"Of course I saw their opponents n/n. They made it here so they have some skill. We have to be ready to beat anyone." He said to you, straight face.

"You really are amazing, aren't you?" You smiled stepping in front of him so you were walking backwards.

He blushed. "You flatter me n/n" He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Let's catch up with the others, I need to go see what happened with the girls and I can't trust you to behave alone." You chuckled as you started running toward the rest of the team.

"Hey what's that supposed to mean?!" He whined running after you "N/n! You get back here!"

You made it back to the rest of the team and told them you were gonna go check on the girls. As you walked down the hall you heard faint sobbing. You turned the corner of the stars and saw Yui, standing there with her face in her jersey, crying. 'Oh no. They must have lost. Poor Yui.'  You thought about going to comfort her but remembered how she is. Yui didn't like letting people see her sad. In fact she probably just escaped the changing room to get away from the rest of the other girls. You stood there giving Yui a sad smile then you turned around and went another way to the change room.

You lightly knocked on the girl and it opened.

"Hey...i'm so sorry..." You said standing at the door looking at Mao.

"Y/n. Hey....i'm sorry. We promised to win for you and we didn't-" You cut her off

"Don't be stupid. I don't care if you win or lose. I really just wanted you guys to go out there and try your best, and you did. Right?" You said

"Yeah we did." Sasaki said, crying.

"Com'on now guys don't cry." You said walking into the room. You sat beside Sasaki and held her in your arms. "There is always next time right? You are gonna be ok" You gave them all a sweet smile and they nodded. Good. Now I have to go, the guys have their next match. You should come watch once you're all finished up here."

"Of course we will be there," Yui said, walking back into the room. "Thanks y/n, really."

"Any time." You got up and waved as you walked out of the room.

"That girl" Mao started as she watched you run down the hall

"She's sure is something" Rinko continued

"She's amazing," Yui finished. As they all watched you turn the corner, out of sight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HEY HEY HEY I'M BACK! No I'm not dead, I'm here. Sorry it took me so long to get the next chapter out. It was break so i wasn't really on my computer, school was back up again so i didn't have time. I'm here now though! I pulled an all nighter trying to make this one good so i really hope you enjoyed it. This is my first time writing during a game to tell me if you enjoyed the way i did this. That's pretty much it. Happy news years and yeah! Bye!

- char