♠ 14

"One side I hate him but the other side I want him by my side.. I like to spend time with him.. When I'm with him, I feel everything so easy.. Even I can face my fears with him.. I don't know what's happening to me..."

"It's good for both of us

"It's good for both of us.. A cart is waiting for you outside to drop you back to the palace.. I'll come back tomorrow. You don't need to stay here with me anymore.." Manik said moving out while Nandini stared at him with expressionless face and uncontrollable tears. "And don't worry, Dev and Divya bhabhi are coming along to take with you.."

"Manik!" Nandini called out his name. "I'm not going anywhere.."

"Nandini don't.." Manik wasn't able to complete his sentence because there's a knock on their door.

Both turned to see Manav and Gauri standing there.

"You? Dev and bhabhi were going to come then?" Manik said.

Manav signalled Gauri something with eyes and she nodded. Gauri held Nandini's hand and takes her to a small room. While Manav approaches Manik.

"What you did bhai sa?" Manav asked.

"Nothing.."

"I and Gauri have seen and heard the whole thing.." Manav said looking at Manik.

"Bhai sa, do you even know what you did?" Manav said getting a bit angry.

"Manav, you very well know my reasons..." Manik said.

"Huh? Reasons? Just leave them for a second and think about your feelings!" Manav said annoyed.

"What feelings? I don't have any feelings for her!" Manik replied looking down.

"You can lie to me and everyone around but not to yourself.." Manav said.

"Manav, you know very well that why I said all this to her.. Yes I have some feelings for her but... but I can't let them grow more.." Manik said looking down.

"Why bhai sa? What's that stopping you? You both look so good and I'm sure bhabhi likes you too.." Manav said trying to explain Manik.

"No Manav, Nandini doesn't.. You know she thinks me as a monster and what I did today, after that I don't think she does.. If she felt for me a little bit till now, that must be destroyed by now because of what I said to her.." Manik said holding his head in frustration. "And I don't want her to feel anything for me because I can't see her hurt at the end.."

"Here you are wrong bhai sa.. I thought you know her well but you doesn't. You know once she started liking someone or considered as hers, she won't leave that person even if she need to go to any extent..." Manav said with a small smile. "Bhai sa why don't you tell her the about your feelings? What's that stopping you!"

"Nandini! She's stopping me to love her and you know how and why? Because I-I can't see her in tears... You very know that my revenge is very important for me and for that I need to find and kill Naman! And I'm sure about the thing that Nandini will beg to leave him but you know I won't! And that moment when I'll kill Naman... I-I will not be able to face her... I'll not be able to see her breaking down like that because of me..." Manik said with moist eyes. "If I'll control my feelings at this moment na then, her tears won't affect me that much later and I'll be able to fulfill my promise by killing Naman!"