Practice came and went in a blur, and soon enough I found myself back in the locker room, the only clothes on my body the school's dark grey trousers and my formal shoes. I took my winter blouse from it's hanger in my locker, shaking it out and getting ready to sling it over my shoulders without a care in the world.

I was so deep in my own thoughts, only paying attention to what was right in front of me, that I completely missed the surprised gasps of the entire men's ice hockey team, and the sound of a door slamming shut.

Before I could so much as blink, a tiny figure was barrelling towards me, a frown set on her lips and her fists clenched by her side. I widened my eyes when I realised she was making a direct beeline towards me, and physically braced myself for whatever it was that she had to say. I noticed the way her eyes flickered to my chest, and the slight sheen of sweat that still shimmered on my pectoral muscles. Her cheeks flared up ever so slightly, revealing a cotton candy pink that had my heart fluttering and my knees wanting to buckle.

I had been right earlier. She was adorable when she was rugged up for the cold. She wore her white blouse under the school sweater, a beige scarf with red and black plaid stripes wrapped snuggling around her neck. Her nose was the slightest shade of pink, hinting to me that she had just come from outside.

"Uhhh, Milly?" I murmured, watching as her look of determination returned to her features. She stopped right in front of me, grabbing me by the wrist tightly, but not tight enough to hurt, and, without a word, turned back on her heels and stormed out of the locker room—now with me in toe.

I wasn't wearing a shirt, my belt was hardly buckled, and here I was, stumbling out after a girl I knew I was falling head over heels for. It was funny how a mere four months ago I wouldn't have bothered to even glance in her direction without the intent of annoying her, but now, all I could think about was giving her what she wanted, and making sure she was happy while I did it.

She came to an abrupt stop, causing me to almost crash right into her back. I pulled myself up right as my body pressed against hers, but if she noticed, she said nothing.

"Milly?" I asked again, hoping this time to get a reaction out of her. "What's up—"

"I'm sorry," she snapped, cutting me off mid sentence. Taking a deep breath, she turned to face me with the saddest frown I had ever seen from the girl plastered on her lips, and in a moment of weakness, I found myself wanting to kiss that frown away. "I'm sorry I've been distant. I can explain, I swear."

"Well, you better," I chuckled, scratching my cheek with the hand she wasn't clutching onto. "Because I suck at studying without my teacher, and, admittedly Mills . . . I missed you."

"I know," she breathed, her eyes focusing intently on her shoes. "I missed you too."

"Where have you been?" I cooed sweetly, still itching to close the barely-there space between us and just kiss her senseless already.

"I . . ." she paused, thinking. I took a step towards her, my chest directly in line with her face as she blinked up at me three times, her bright grey eyes full of fear. "I had a dream about you and it kind of scared me."

"A dream?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. "What kind of dream? Was it a bad dream?"

She shook her head no.

"So it was a good dream, then?"

"Yes," she confirmed.

"Then, what's the problem?" I asked, my voice barely a whisper as we stood right in the centre of the rink sidelines, the ice directly behind me. I blushed horribly at the idea of my two favourite things in the world being in such close proximity to me at the same time. Hockey and Milly. That, was heaven.

"I . . ." she took a deep breath, seeming to be getting worked up as her eyes filled with sparkles that I recognised as tears. Oh no, I couldn't handle more tears from Milly, and I've come to realise she handles most situations with tears. "It sort of scared me because it felt real and I—-"

"Hey, hey, hey," I stressed, crouching down slightly to cup her cheeks in the palm of my hands. She looked up at me in fear. "It's okay. It was only a dream. It wasn't real—"

"That's the problem," she cried.

I blinked. "You . . . wanted it to be real?"

"I-I guess so," she stammered, avoiding my gaze.

"Okay," I breathed. "What do I have to do to make it real for you?"

She looked up at me, so many questions hidden behind her eyes. The things I would give to answer all of those questions for her.

"It's okay, you don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable saying it yet. I get you're nervous. But, you do know that I'd do anything for you, right?" She nodded slightly, her lips turned down in an adorable pout. I chuckled to myself at her constant need to be undeniably cute, using my own nose to nudge hers. "C'mon, let's get going. We've got a lot to catch up on, miss."

With a furious blush and an erratic heartbeat that I could feel in the palms of my hands, Milly pulled herself away from me and took off in the direction of the door.

"Wait, Milly," I shouted, earning her attention in an instant. "I'm still not wearing a shirt."

She giggled lightly, and to be honestly, I was just relieved to get a little bit of personality out of the girl, even if it was at my own expense.

"Just let me grab my stuff and I'll meet you here, okay?"

"Okay," she smiled, gifting me with a grin that had my heart fluttering in my chest as it skipped a beat.

I bolted back to my locker, shoving my belongings in my bag faster then I ever had in my life. Throwing my shirt on and only bothering to do up most of the buttons, I stumbled my way back out of the locker room, my hockey bag resting over my shoulders as I hurried back to the girl waiting by the door for me.

To my relief, she was right where I'd left her, and without a thought, I threw an arm around her shoulder and brought her to my side with a grin that could outshine the sun. She snaked her own arm around my waist, her fingers barely reaching the other side of my hip as she held herself close to me, her own lips turned up in the sweetest of smiles.

"Home time?" I asked, pressing a gentle kiss to her hair.

She nodded once. "Your house, please."