Twenty Four

A few weeks later:

Louis' POV:

I walked into the common room, completely exhausted. Everyone else was already there. Destiny looked up when she noticed me and gave me a little wave. That made Harry turn to see what, or rather, who, she was waving at.

The dork, Styles, lit up when he saw me. He bit his lip, "Hi, Lou." I rolled my eyes as I sat down next to him and shuffled closer to him, making him slip his arms around me, "Hey hey." Harry kissed the top of my head. Astraea wrinkled her nose when she saw that, "Ew. You two are so gross."

Niall nodded in agreement, "Right?" Destiny chided them, "Hey! I think they're cute." I scoffed, "Why is this even a conversation?" Liam muttered, "Beats me. Hey Louis, did you get the debate schedule from coach?" Oh right. I forgot about that.

I searched my book bag, and pulled out a slightly crumpled sheet of paper, "Right, yeah. Take a look." Liam took the paper from me and looked it over.

While he was doing that, I turned my head slightly to face Harry, "Oi, Styles. Give me  shoulder massage. I'm tired." Harry glared at me but obliged anyway. Astraea coughed obnoxiously, "Whipped." Harry just shrugged. Aw. 

Liam suddenly said, "Wait, wait. The next debate competition is in two weeks." Destiny sat up straight immediately, "What?" Liam looked over the schedule again, "Yeah. It's a home competition." Destiny's eyes were super wide now. Oh. She's going to freak out any moment now.

And she did, like a minute later. She stood up and started pacing, "Two weeks? Who's the opposing school? How will we ever prepare in two weeks?" Niall asked in confusion, "Two weeks is a long enough time to prepare for debate, isn't it?"

I winced involuntarily; he should not have said that. Destiny still before turning to him and glaring, "How would you know, Nigel? Have you ever participated in a debate competition?" I called out, "Okay, Tina, love, calm down. It'll be fine. We'll be ready for the competition."

Destiny sighed as she sat down, "I hope so." Astraea nudged her twin, "Yeah, chill out. Just talk to the debate coach later. He'll have tips and stuff for you." Destiny nodded a few times to herself before speaking calmly, "Right. Okay. You're right. No need to panic at all. Right?" Astraea rolled her eyes but nodded encouragingly, "Right."

Liam chuckled, "Okay, so we'll ask the coach. It's a plan." Destiny stood up and gathered her things. I looked at her questioningly, "Where are you going?" She blinked, "To the coach?" Liam said incredulously, "Right now?"

Destiny practically flitted, "No time like the present, is there? Come on, lads." Liam and I collectively groaned before standing up to follow her. Niall muttered, "Harry looks like a kicked puppy." Huh? I turned around to face Harry. 

Well, I wouldn't say he looked like a kicked puppy, but he did look disappointed. I stroked his curly hair and whispered, "I'll see you later up at our room?" He nodded, "Yeah, okay." I kissed his head before walking off with Destiny and Liam. 

So, the three of us went ahead and found the coach in his office. Destiny was freaking out again and talking to him, while Liam just stood there and rolled his eyes, not even trying to shut her up. Eh, it's okay. The coach is used to Destiny's fits. I just zoned out.

I've been so exhausted lately. There are a bunch of exams soon so I have been preparing for that. Plus there's the round of debate competitions. And of course, the thousands of projects we are being forced to do. Ugh. 

Anyway, once Destiny was done talking to the coach, we were free to go. Liam said he was going to go to the library and spend the afternoon there, reading his new favorite book. That sounds super fun but I'm going to go back to my room and see my boyfriend, thank you very much. That is, if he's even there.

Oh, he was there alright. And so were Astraea and Niall. So they moved the hang out session to our room. Lovely. Except... Wait a minute. Is Astraea crying? I really didn't want to intrude, but like, it was my room as well. 

Astraea noticed me lingering at the door and just sniffled, "Just come in, Louis." I must have looked super uncomfortable when I walked in, because both Niall and Harry gave me sympathetic glances. I went ahead and sat across Astraea gingerly, "So... What happened?" Astraea just glared at me, while Niall whispered, "We're waiting for Tina."

Destiny was there in two minutes. While we waited for her, Astraea just sniffled occasionally and glared at everything and everyone. Destiny panted when she finally stepped into the room, "I'm here, I'm here. What's the emergency? Oh my god, Trae, what happened?"

Destiny glared when nobody gave her an answer, "Was it Zayn? Okay, that's it. Louis, get the knives." I nervously chuckled, "Um, no thanks?" Harry offered, "I'll do it. I sharpened my knives yesterday night." 

Astraea let out a shaky breath, "No knives are required. It's fine. No big deal." Niall said incredulously, "Astraea. You are literally crying. As in, real tears are pouring out of your eyes. Yes, it's a big deal." Harry nodded, "What he said. Now, we'll ask again. What happened?"

Astraea just stared at her friends for a few seconds before handing over her phone to Destiny. And Destiny knew what to do. She went ahead and unlocked her phone. I asked without really meaning to, "You guys know each others' passwords?"

Astraea explained her shaky voice, "Our phones have face lock, so we don't really need each others' passwords." Oh. Right. Twin things. Correction. Identical twin things.

Anyway, a second later, Destiny spoke in an eerily still and calm voice, "Oh. Well now I know why Trae is being like this." Niall raised an eyebrow, "Well?" Destiny read from Astraea's phone after looking at her to make sure it was okay to tell us, "Hey, um, Trae, I just wanted to let you know something. So, yeah, I asked Perrie out and she said yes. So, I suppose we're together now. So, yeah, that."

Harry spoke quietly, "That was from Zayn, I assume." Destiny nodded, "Yep." Okay, that is awful. What do I even say to that? Niall wrapped an arm around Astraea, "I'm sorry, Trae." Harry did the same as Niall, but from Astraea's other side.

Destiny sighed, "What do you want me to say, Trae?" Astraea glared at her, "Anything except I told you so." Destiny frowned, "I wasn't going to say that." Astraea just sighed. I said hesitantly, "Why don't you completely cut contact with him?"

Astraea stared at me like I'd admitted to liking girls, "Are you crazy? We have a lot of history; I can't do that." Destiny stared at me for a few seconds before turning back to Astraea, "He's right, you know. It's pointless to 'be friends' with him. You're just going to get hurt." Harry nodded, "They're right, you know."

Astraea wasn't having any of that. She snapped at Harry, "Of course, you would agree. You're whipped for Louis." Um. I tried my best not to blush, but I'm pretty sure I did it anyway, because Harry smirked at me. I just glared at him.

Destiny sighed, "Come on, Trae, let's get to our room." Astraea nodded before standing up and following her twin out. Niall sighed at us, "Well, I'll get going too. See you guys." Within seconds, he was out of the room too.

Harry stood up and locked the door before flopping down on my bed next to me, "I'm tired." I looked over at him, "Well, go to sleep?" He pouted, "I don't wanna." I have a confusing boyfriend. Sigh. I asked, "Okay, so what do you want to do?" 

Harry sighed, "I don't know." I kissed his cheek, "How about we both go to sleep? I'm pretty tired too." Harry grinned at me, "Okay. Your bed, though."

Well. Okay then.

***

A/N

I KNOWW THE ENDING IS A LITTLE WEIRD AND THIS WAS A FILLER CHAPTER OK. sigh. anyway lets hope i can write this better in the next part <3

~Sofia x