Chapter twelve

Mulai dari awal

"How about this? We are going to play hide and seek." Stephanie raised an eyebrow. "Oh, have you never played?" When he got no reaction he turned and started walking back to the suit. "It's simple. I'm going to count to 30, and you are going to hide. If I find you, you lose. If I don't, you win. Okay?" He was now, once again, standing at the feet of his iron suit. His hands clasped behind his back. The room was silent as he waited for an answer, when he got none he turned on his heel only to find the girl gone. 

He smiled. He laughed and looked over his shoulder at his masterpiece.

"Let the games begin."

___________________

"Tony!" Rhodes had finally gotten to Tony's mansion. He was wondering around the house like an idiot trying to find his friend. "Tony?!" He stood in the middle of the living room. 'the workshop' Tony never left his workshop. He turned and ran down the flight of stair leading into Tony workshop. "Tony! You down there!" 

When he got to the bottom of the stairs he looked around the messy place. He spotted Tony passed out on the floor a couple meters away from him. "Tony!" the man cried out. he collapsed beside his friend and picked him up. 

"Where's Pepper?" Tony croaked out. His voice was quiet and if Rhodes had not been listening he wouldn't have heard Tony at all. 

"She's fine. She's with five agents."

"And Stephanie. Where's Stephanie?" Tony started to freak out remembering that once again, the 8 year old was gone. 

"I- I don't know." 

"H-h-he took Stephanie." Tony grabbed onto Rhodes arms and tried to hoist himself up. 

"Okay, okay, Tony. Calm down." Rhodes looked at Tony's panicked eyes, he had never seen Tony so vulnerable. "Steph, will be fine. The agents went to arrest him."

"That's not going to be enough." 

_________________

Pepper and Phil quickly made it to the Stark industry building with five agents trailing behind them. Pepper used her ID to get into the building. They walked into a room with the original Arc reactor, the one that powered Stark Industry's. 

"Section 16. Section 16. There it is." Pepper led the agents over to a heavy yellow door labeled,

Authorized Technicians Only.

She tried to scan he ID, which gives her access to every part of the warehouse, but her access was denied. She tried again. Denied. "My key's not working. It's not opening the door." She watched as Phil was handed a tiny little... ball? "Oh, wow! What's that? It's, like, a little device? It's, like, a thing that's going to pick the lock." Phil placed the device on the doors lock and it started to blink red. 

"You might want to take a few steps back." Pepper listened and hurried back towards the other agents. She plugged her ears as the beeping sped up. The tiny device exploded and broke the doors lock. Leaving it opened for the small team.

Inside the locked room Obadiah's head snapped up to the sound of a tiny explosion. He pressed a button and the eyes of his suit lit up. He smirked and ran towards it. 

At the same time, Stephanie was hiding in a small metal locker. At the sound of the explosion She jumped and whimpered a bit, the sound leading to a series of small flashback from when she was younger. She put a hand over her mouth and squeezed her eyes shut. She didn't know why she was so scared, this was nothing new to her.

________________

Back at his mansion, Tony regained a bit of his strength after putting the older arc reactor back in its place. He was now suiting up and getting ready to battle Obadiah.