Chapter Ten: Salad

"She's gonna love you." Sam insisted as he walked down the street, hand in hand with his blue eyed girlfriend.

"I know, she loved me the last time she saw me, I'm pretty sure nothings changed." Jenny playfully rolled her eyes, but she actually quite appreciated Sam's enthusiasm. "Everyone already knows me."

"I know, but I haven't gotten to introduce you as my girlfriend to anybody yet." Sam pulled her close, "I'm just happy, okay? Let me enjoy this."

Jenny smiled, "Alright, I got it."

Ding dong!

A short white haired woman opened the door. "Hello Sam, hello Jennifer, it's so nice to see you both."

"Aunt May! I want you to meet Jennifer Fury."

Aunt May gave him a strange look, "I know, I've met her before."

Sam waved his finger, "Ah, my mistake. I meant to say my girlfriend Jennifer Fury."

Aunt May's jaw dropped before she smiled, "Thats wonderful Sam, Jenny you're a wonderful young lady. You're both lucky to have each other. Although I never would've pegged you two as each others types."

Jenny nodded, "You know my sisters said the same thing."

"Well don't just stand here, come in, the rest of your team is in the living room."

Jenny and Sam walked in, Sam's arm wrapped around her. "Hi guys."

Ava was thrown for a bit of a loop, "Hey Jen. You know when Sam said you agreed to be his girlfriend, I didn't think he was being serious."

"Why not?" Jenny asked, "Sam is sweet."

The group all laughed to the annoyance of Sam. Jenny squeezed his hand and it seemed to alleviate the discomfort he felt.

"Hey, what can I say? I have a way with the ladies." Sam shrugged.

"Come on ladies man, grab a controller." Luke nudged. "Parker and I are gonna hop on Ultra Theft Auto."

"You don't have to tell me twice." As the boys played games, Ava and Danny talked with Jenny. Everyone got along quite well, and Sam occasionally got distracted listening to Jenny talk to his friends, glad they got along.

"Yeah, I have a little bonsai Juliette bought me, the secret to keeping them healthy is-,"

Peter nudged him, "Hey! You're gonna crash your car!"

"Come on man! Head in the game!" Luke yelled, "Quit staring at your girlfriend and drive!"

"Shut up!"
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Excuse me but I need to use the sink." She nudged him, holding a bowl of salad.

Eventually it was time to cook, Jenny was ready to show off her area of expertise. Except a boy with black hair and green eyes kept getting in her way.

"You really want to work with that...Sam?" Peter had asked her in disbelief. "You're already dating him, that feels like punishment enough."

"Oh be quiet Parker." Sam responded.

Jenny nodded, she had successfully fed her five sisters by herself eighty percent of the time at home anyway, this shouldn't be too hard.

Ava had mentioned craving pasta, and since it was something Jenny thought everyone could eat, she suggested lasagna.

"Danny doesn't eat meat, remember?" He poked her side while they were talking, and she smacked his side.

"Spaghetti then? We could just add the meat afterward so Danny doesn't have to worry about it."