Chapter Seven: Something That Lasts

BANG BANG BANG!

When Peter opened his front door, Sam was standing there with a notebook and pens, one behind his ear, the other held against the blue tablet he was hiding.

"Hey man, whats up, I didn't know you were coming over-," Peter started, but Sam stormed in and sat on the floor.

Ava looked up from her book, she, Peter and Danny had been studying for a S.H.I.E.L.D. class, but Sam swept all the books onto the floor.

"Hey! We need those!" Ava protested, but Sam shook his head. He took out some papers he had stuffed inside his notebook and laid them out across the table. Each one had a different title, Best Date Times, Jenny's Favorite Foods, and a list of good ideas for dinner and gifts.

"Listen Miss Cat Lady, school is not important right now, I need you guy's help. How do I sweep a girl off her feet? Asking her out and stuff?"

Ava was about to argue, but she put her finger up, "Wait, what?"

"Come on! Is your hearing going out? Help me sweep Jenny off her feet, I need a big romantic gesture. She wants a real romantic relationship, and I want to be the one that does it. I have a list of stuff, but I don't know what to pick."

Ava scratched her head, "I'm not sure-,"

"Oh come on, we all know you read those sappy ass romance novels. They have to have SOMETHING useful." Sam handed her the lists. Everyone was shocked, this was more effort than Sam put into his own homework.

"Hey, I've heard about this place," Peter pointed out. "I heard the pasta there is to die for."

Sam nodded, "Yep, Jenny loves Italian."

Danny circled the restaurant, "You have to call and get reservations though, no walk ins." He also gave a nod of approval, "I've eaten there, the chefs are amazing."

"Pick her up at sundown though, thats the when the sky turns pink and it'll look really nice." Ava listed off, "And you have to come up with a good way to ask her."

Sam nodded, this was seemingly a lot of work, but that was fine. If that meant he got Jenny in the process, it'd all be worth it.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny was laying in her bed reading a book, and there was sudden knock on her bedroom window. She slipped on a blue robe and opened up her curtains, and on her window sill was a white teddy bear holding a small boquet of daisies held together by a silver chained necklace and a little letter.

Jenny smiled and opened the letter and closer her window, and when she opened it, it read "Be ready at 7. I'm gonna show you that I can give you a real romantic relationship. -Sam."

Jenny ran out of the room to tell her twin about the note and the conversations she had with Sam. Jade smiled in approval.

"I think you should go out with him."

Jenny laid back against the lush red bedsheets, "You do?"

Jade nodded matter-of-factly, "Yeah, I mean if you told him that you wanted a romantic relationship and he's doing this? Means he wants you Peaches, and a seven o'clock date? Sounds like he wants you bad. Plus, that necklace is super cool."

Jennifer allowed herself a smile and agreed, "Yeah, maybe he does, and the necklace is really nice."

Jade shooed her sister out of the room, "Go, go! Get ready for your big date!"

Jenny looked around and grabbed an old lipstick off her vanity, sat on the window sill with her back out the window and wrote, "See you then."

She spent the next few hours taking a warm shower, picking out a dark blue, knee-length dress with straps, and pulling her hair into a bun. Jenny topped it offer by spraying on a bit of flower scented perfume and clipping on the necklace the surrounding the daises now on her desk. She couldn't help but fantasize just a little bit about what was going to happen tonight.