Chapter 5: My New Life

I awoke to a very annoying sound. I realized someone was knocking on my door repeatedly.

"Wake up Ava!!!" Someone shouted.

I just groaned and rolled over.

"Ava wake up! You better be up and ready within thirty minutes or else! "I realized it was Randle who was screaming at me through the door. I heard him walking up the stairs, and slam the door at the top of the staircase behind him.

I rolled out of bed and onto the floor, immediately regretting it since I landed on concrete. I dragged myself to the bathroom, or what they considered a bathroom, and searched for a toothbrush. I didn't find one, but I did find toothpaste, a hairbrush, and deodorant. I didn't feel like taking a shower, especially in the one provided.

I put some toothpaste on my finger and did my best to brush my teeth. I then brushed the tangles out of my hair, and applied some deodorant. I splash some water on my face to freshen up and wake up.

I looked at my self in the microscopic mirror. There were bags under my eyes, which really didn't make any sense since I slept from four in the afternoon to what I assumed was morning, and I had a huge bruised on the left side of my face, and my eye, from getting punched.

I walked over to my "closet ", only to find nothing in it. So I proceeded to open the door, only to find it locked.

"Randle!" I shouted, pounding on the door. Nothing. I tried the doorknob again, fully aware that it wouldn't open. I pushed and pulled, knowing it wouldn't do me any good at all, but continued none the less.

Finally, I heard the door unlocking. Randle walking in, with an annoyed expression on his face. "What was with all the noise?" he exclaimed.

"The door was locked," I replied.

"That door is going to be locked most of the time, so quit overreacting!" Randle yelled, grabbing my wrist.

"Overreacting?" I whispered. "Overreacting! You bloody kidnapped me! How am I supposed to react! Not cool and collected! How---" I stopped short when I received a slap to the face. Crying out in pain, I clutched my face. He had hit me right on the bruise.

"You. Be. Quiet." he hissed, grabbing me by the hair and pulling me to my feet. I let out a whimper, as I tried to get his hand of my hair.

He released me so suddenly I almost fell back down to the ground. "Come on," he growled, snatching my wrist again and dragging up the staircase.

He released me at the top of the stairs, shoving me to the ground. I stood up, or more like tried to because Randle immediately shoved me, causing me to fall.

"Stay down," Randle growled, stomping out of the room.

Immediately, I jumped to my feet, dusting the dirt off my jeans. There was no way I was sitting on that nasty floor! The floor was littered with every sort of trash. So much in fact, that I could hardly see the floor itself!

I peeling something sticky off the back of my jeans, squealed, then threw it to the ground, not bothering to see what it was.

I started hearing muffled voices floating through the walls. Slowly and ever so quietly, I crept over to the wall, placing my ear against it.

"Are you sure this is the best thing to do?"

"Don't you think killing her is the best option?"

Wait, what? They kidnapped me, dragged me down to this dump, just to kill me?

"Look the decision is final! Just shut up about it already."

I heard the door handle rattle, and I jumped back, scrambling to get back across the room.

The door flew open, and in walked Randle, the driver from yesterday, and the man with the gray hair.

"Well," the dirty blond driver smirked, staring at me, "we've finally decided what to do with you."