I looked away not wanting to make eye contact and took a deep breath as the waiter approached our table.

He kindly took our orders and I shakily handed him back the menus.

"Are you sure you're fine? Your hands are insanely shaky right now" Taylor said grabbing my hands in her's and squeezing them gently.

"My mom used to do this for my nana who had the same problem"

Taylor laid my hands out on her palms rubbing her thumbs across the back of my hands. While the rest of her fingers massages my palms, soothing the nerves and muscles.

I grinned giggling quietly because it felt odd.

"I don't have Parkinson's or arthritis if that's what you're referring to" I said looking Taylor in the eyes.

"I know, I was just saying because she shook just as bad. Is it helping?" She asked.

I giggled again feeling her tickle my palms. "Yeah I'm good now" I smiled removing my hands and taking a sip of my water.

As I drank from my straw I accidentally glanced up in the wrong direction making eye contact with the one person I was avoiding.

Her eyes looked back at me with fire behind them then glanced at the back of Taylor's head and back to me.

Valentina looked like she was ready to throw herself across the table and the room to strangle Taylor.

I looked away quickly avoiding anymore contact and tried distracting myself by talking to the girl in front of me.

Our food came quickly thankfully and we ate enjoying our pastas as well as talk about Christmas and Christmas break coming up soon.

I swallowed my food and randomly got the sudden urge to pee badly.

"I'll be right back Taylor. Gotta use the ladies room" I stood pushing my chair in a bit and walked around the tables making my way to the restroom.

I walked in doing my business and walked out of the stall choking on my own saliva.

"Who the fuck is that at your table?" Valentina leaned against the wall with her arms crossed waiting for answer.

She definitely heard me pee.

"I beg your pardon?" I asked frowning as I washed my hands.

"I said who the fuck is that bimbo at your table? Are you deaf or just as dumb as I thought you were?"

Taken back I swallowed the knot forming in my throat. She insulted me..

"That bimbo you're talking about" I said putting air quotes around the word bimbo with my fingers. "Is taylor... my teaching assistant. I'd appreciate it if you didn't call her such names as well as refraining from commenting on what you think of me. I'm tired of you calling me dumb or clueless. I'm neither!" I said firmly raising my voice a little.

Valentina's face remained hard and expressionless.

"I wouldn't have to call you that if you weren't such things Evie. Is she also someone you've been fucking around with?" She scoffed getting off the wall.

"Excuse me? You have no right to barge in on my sex or love life Valentina. I don't know who you think you are because it doesn't concern you" I said not backing down. I was tired of allowing this woman intimidate me.

She continued to step closer until she stood in front of my small frame. Towering over me as usual in her heels.

Valentina's eyes searched mine for a few seconds. Like she was trying to come up with something to say and see if I meant what I said.