Chapter 6: Trouble

Skyler

I woke up early today because we have a math quiz and I want to go through a few questions with Emma,the only female friend I have.

God I hate math.

Dad has been in surgery since last night,said something about a kidney transplant, so he couldn't come home and I had to sleep in the huge house alone. I can't drive to school cause he took the car and Caleb is still being a little bitch which is why I'm walking to the bus stop.

The wind is blowing in my direction causing my cardigan to heave up and messing up my hair,I hold the straps of my bag and exhale.

I notice a black car driving slowly, much like the one I saw at Caleb's house the other day it's almost as if it's following me, I feel uncomfortable so I start speed-walking but halt when the car honks.

I turn and see that it's Noah in the Jeep. He's wearing a white t shirt and his dark hair looks silky and smooth,I could run my hands through it.

I gulp when he rolls down the window, his grey eyes glint with amusement.

He smirks. "Hey ninja warrior"

My brows pull together in confusion. "Are you talking to me?"

"No I'm talking to that tree." He points to the tall tree behind me. "Of course I'm talking to you,if I remember correctly you jumped over our gate without trouble."

I frown and start walking away, embarrassed. I remember his stupid dog chasing me and he didn't stop it,if anything he should be apologizing.

"Hey I'm just kidding" he says with a laugh still driving slowly as I continue to my walk. "Skyler, right?"

I nod while still walking. "Where are you going?"

"School"

He exhales. "Let me give you a ride"

I stop in my tracks and stare at him in disbelief,he has a wicked smirk plastered all over his face. "Are you sure you want to drive me all the way to school" I ask because Noah doesn't come across as a person who'd volunteer to drive me to school . "Yes........if you sit in the back" Fine by me. I really don't want to go with a school bus. Am a senior for goodness sake.

I smile in appreciation and grab the door handle ready to enter his car but he drives off before I could open the door and I hear him laughing stupidly loud after making a fool out of me yet again.

"Fuck you!"

I shout out of frustration and anger. Someone gasps and I see it's Mary,the old lady who lives down the street. She definitely heard me swear.

I smile awkwardly but she just huffs,shakes her head and walks away.

***

I walk towards the library after  class and throw my hair back with a sigh,my day has been horrible,first the Noah incident,then the math quiz which Emma didn't show up for because she apparently has a cold, now I have a science project and Caleb won't even look or talk to me.

"Skyler."

A female voice says behind me. I turn to see the dolled up Barbie who spilt her smoothie on me on my first day.

Her strawberry blonde hair reaches the nape of her neck with a few pink highlights. She's short black leather skirt, white crop top and pink strappy heels. It should be a crime to look this good at school.

"I've noticed that you've been....alone today." She says sarcastically making me feel uneasy.

I shrug. "So..."