Chapter 28 - Rhyki.

Rhyki kept quiet as she navigated the corridors leading to the Teacher's Lounge with Nezu perched on her shoulder. He seemed to realise that she didn't want to talk, so didn't force her. She was grateful for that. She sighed a little at the thoughts going through her mind. What the hell had she actually been thinking? Doing that to those girls? Yes, Uraraka had made it very personal, but Rhyki should have known better.

"Rhyki, we're here." She snapped from her thoughts as Nezu's voice caught her ears. Sure enough, they were. She knocked once and opened the door. Her dad was sat at his desk, marking work, along with her Auntie Nem. Zashi was there too. No one else was in the room, thankfully.
"Rhyki? What are you doing here?" Her dad asked, turning in his chair as he put his pen down.
"Can we talk?" She said instead.

"Of course." She walked in and shut the door. She pulled Nezu off her shoulder and ripped her mask off. Leaving it clenched in her fist, she also pulled off her katana, dropping that to the floor, uncaring of where the weapon landed. She'd honestly forgotten she'd had that on her. She fell onto the couch and put her head between her knees, as her entire body started to shake a little.
"What's going on?" She heard her dad ask, worry lacing his voice. She lifted her head and they gasped. Tears were leaking out of her eyes.

"Oh sweetheart!" Aunt Nem ran over and pulled her into her arms. Rhyki cuddled into the woman, burying her face into her neck. Her dad sat beside her and rubbed her back.
"Rhyki, my beautiful firecracker, what's wrong?" Zashi questioned in as gentle a voice as he could. She sat up properly and looked at her family. Zashi was kneeling in front of her, Nezu at his side. Aizawa held her hand for comfort and she squeezed back. Using her other hand, she wiped under her eyes and sniffed a little. She then put up a soundproof barrier. No one needed to hear this.
"I fucked up. Like, so fucking bad." She mumbled.

"How so?"
"We had training with All Might. Heroes vs Villains. I was on my own due to having twenty one students..." She trailed off and glanced at Nezu, who got the silent message.
"Rhyki was the villain. She went against Momo Yaoyorozu and Ochaco Uraraka." Nezu said.
"What?! Everyone knows to keep Rhyki and Uraraka away from each other!" Aunt Nem growled.
"It was by lottery unfortunately." Nezu sighed.
"What happened?" Her dad probed and she turned her head to look at him.

"It went fucking tits up! I hid the fake bomb in the attic, decided to use shadow manipulator for a bit, as well as knocked out the electricity. Scared them, used flame orbs which went over their heads, so they weren't hurt. Anyway, I went to the attic again, and Uraraka had gotten Yaoyorozu to make a flamethrower, misleading her for its use. She used it on me, but we know I'm flameproof, but they definitely didn't until that happened. Anyway, I lost it a little. Ended up knocking Yaoyorozu out with a single hit to her neck, overpowering her nervous system. Uraraka I beat up, resulting in a bust cheekbone and knocked out after I rose into the air, lifted her to my shoulder and threw her into the ground hard." Rhyki admitted, not looking away from her dad.

"What she's failing to tell you, was Uraraka was taunting her, a lot. Calling her a villain, yet again. As well as saying she was going to prove that Rhyki was nothing and that Bakugou was hers." Nezu stated. She noticed he left out the part about telling her to kill herself. Sensible, as no one needed her protective family to go after anyone for that.
"Where are they now?" Zashi mumbled.
"They're with Granny I would presume." Rhyki said.
"Well, she'll heal them so it's fine. Rhyki, why were you crying?" She glanced at Aunt Nem.

"Does this mean I'm a monster? Because of what I did?" She whispered, but they heard her clearly.
"Hell no. Don't you dare even think that!" Her dad shouted. She stared at him in shock. It was exceedingly rare to hear him shout. Majority of the time, he didn't need to.
"Ok! I won't. But I do feel bad. I mean, come on, I'm already a pro hero and I did that! I should know fucking better." She stated.