Jealousy?

03/25/2016

So yeah, they got together... I wasn't really sure about why I wasn't that happy with this, they were two of my best friends after all, I should have been glad. But I wasn't. I had this kind of possessiveness towards Shawn that I will never admit, but it was there.

I just acted like it didn't bother me. I was a good actress after all. But at some point, seeing them all around the apartment with her clinging on him was too much I could handle so I decided to make myself busy. I was John's assistant for a few months now and this last week I've spent all of my evenings with him.

"Don't you have anywhere else to be dear? It's almost 8."

I smiled at him and shook my head.

"I still have work to do, this script isn't perfect yet."

"And we start to audition in a month so there's no rush. What is really going on Camila?

I sighed.

"My roommate has her girlfriend, who also is my best friend by the way, over all the time. And seeing them all over each other each time I step out of my room is too much for me so yeah, I'm glad to do extra hours."

He observed me for a minute before lightly smiling.

" Are you in love with your roommate? "

I laughed.

" No! Absolutely not. He's Shawn. The annoying guy who happened to be someone I like very much, platonically, of course. "

" Of course. " He said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes and resumed what I was doing.

" You know, if you want to keep yourself busy I might have a good opportunity for you. "

" Yeah? "

I glanced over him. I definitely didn't need a second job but I wanted to be busy.

" Well my good friend Pete is the director of a musical and they're auditioning right now. Do you want me to get you an audition? "

I raised my eyebrows.

" Of course! John you're the best!"

He chuckled and took his coat on the chair.

"I'll call him tomorrow, I'm done for today, I'm sorry kid but I have to throw you out."

I laughed and took my coat too. If I have the part, it would just be wonderful.

When I got home, Hailey was surprisingly not here and Shawn was playing guitar on the couch. Like the good old days. I smiled at him and he smiled too.

" Hey! You're home late."

"Yeah I was busy with John."

"I hope he pays you the extra hours because I've barely seen you these last two weeks."

"Don't worry about that." I said chuckling nervously and he nodded.

"I've already eaten but there some left in the fridge."

I thanked him and heated my meal. Then I sat on the couch with him and we talked and laughed. I noticed his hair was a little longer. It suited him. He was thrilled to hear about the great news and told me about the hilarious last date of Justin. I'd missed that. I'd missed him.

03/28/2016

" You're sure you don't want me to come with you?"

"No Hailey, it's not a musical directed by Juilliard this time, it's professional so I have to act like a... Professional."