Chapter eight

Hour 4

"This is gonna be so much fun, Lou," Harry exclaims getting out all the things we will need.

How does he know where everything is? He must have done some snooping while I was outside talking to Liam.

"Okay, how about you start washing off the chicken, and then you can slice it open and put the cheese inside."

I grab one of the chicken breasts and as I'm walking over to the sink it slips out of my fucking hand.

"Fuck." I yell.

Harry walks over to me and picks the chicken up off the floor.

"It's still okay babe, just watch it off," he says trying to hand me the chicken breast back.

"Can I just handle the potatoes?" I say trying to give him a puppy dog look hoping he will give in.

"You've cooked this meal before and it was great, trust me."

"H that was five years ago and you watched over me like a hawk the whole time." I laugh.

"Fine, you can handle the potatoes." He says rolling his eyes.

Yes, I win. I walk over to the counter to start peeling the potatoes while harry begins to wash the chicken.

I finally start putting the potatoes on to boil while harry is setting a timer for the chicken. We haven't spoken in a while and I usually hate silence but something about this is so calming. It reminds me of the days Harry and I lived together in princess park. We would stay in silence for hours but his presence was everything I needed. I would lay on his chest for hours and listen to his heartbeat memorizing the rhythms. It was always a silence that felt safe.

"Should I put on some music?" Harry says snapping me out of my daydream.

"Yeah sure just use my Alexa."

"Hey Alexa, play Louis Tomlinson."

"What?" I look over at him confused.

"Playing We made it by Louis Tomlinson," Alexa Says.

The intro to my song begins and Harry starts singing.

"Cause we made it, underestimated, and always underrated, now we're saying goodbye, waving to the hard times, yeah it's gonna be alright." He sings walking over to the stove grabbing my hand.

"You know my songs?"

"Of course I do. I've always been your biggest fan." He says pulling me into him.

"May I have this dance, Mr. Tomlinson?"

"Why, of course, you may Mr. Styles."

The music continues to fill the apartment while Harry twirls me around.

"Share a single bed and tell each other what we dream about, Things we'd never say to someone else out loud, we were only kids just tryna work it out, wonder what they'd say if they could see us now."

I wish it could be 2011 forever.