Chapter seven

Hour 3

I close the front door and head for the living room. Harry is laying on the couch munching away on strawberries he must have dug out from the back of my fridge.

"Um, Haz?" I say walking over to him. "Can I talk to you?"

"What's up?" He says lifting his legs up for me to sit down. I sit down and he lays his legs on my lap.

"I was thinking about this 24-hour thing and I think we should spend the rest of the time getting to know each other again."

"What do you mean?"

"We haven't seen each other in five years and I just think this would be a perfect time to get to know each other again."

"You mean like starting over for 24 hours."

"Yeah well, 21 hours now." I laugh.

"Okay for the rest of my stay we will be in 2010." He says holding out his hand.

"Can we pretend it's 2011?" I ask.

"Why?" he giggles.

"Because 2010 was X-factor and 2011 I was at my prime."

"Whatever Loser."

I grab his hand and shake it. Guess I'm in 2011 for the next 21 hours.

"What should we do first?" He asks jumping up.

"I don't know, whatever you want."

Harry starts walking around the living room humming like this is the most serious decision he's ever made. It's not a big deal but I'm afraid to interrupt his thinking.

"I've got it!" he yells startling me.

"We did this in 2010 but we should cook together!" He beams.

"Love, we cooked many times together not just in 2010." I laugh.

"I'm talking about cooking our meal stupid. The first meal you ever cooked."

"Oh yeah, Chicken stuffed with mozzarella, wrapped in parma ham, with a side of homemade mashed potatoes." I smile.

"Come on get up let's go make it." He says grabbing me and pulling me off the couch.

I haven't cooked in forever. Harry usually did all the cooking and Eleanor won't even let me near the stove. God, please don't let me burn down my apartment.