With his big round eyes spread to the extent where it almost seemed they were about to pop out, Lupin turned around and hurried inside towards the conference hall. The white pillars doomed up form the marvel floor and created beautiful arches that rounded the ceiling. Red curtains fell like waterfalls from the tall windows and blew softly as the king raged past them, sweeping his thick brown cloak and stumping his large feet onto the ground.

Two younger men were watching him from their seats; one shooting his father a serious gaze, the other surprised by his father’s rage. It was highly unlike Kind Adolphus to lose his temper and roam through the castle like a tyrant. It took a lot to get under the man’s skin and even the vampires had not succeeded until now. A loud growl escaped the king’s lips as he approached the ‘u’ shaped table and slammed his fists on it, making the glasses with white whine vibrate.

“Your Highness”, Lupin’s shaky voice said as he stepped inside the hall and clasped his hands nervously in front of his chest. His head was somewhat lowered as he waited to be yelled at. Though related by marriage, the king’s tall and broad posture made Lupin’s hicken legs shake with intimidation.

“What?”, the king roared as he turned around to face Lupin.

“Your Highness, your people are revolting against us. I’m afraid the gates won’t hold them many longer.”

“Then do something!”, the king yelled and raised his right hand to gesture at the door. Lupin nodded and jumped around as he hurried out of the hall, leaving the king with his counsel and sons.

“Father, may I make a suggestion”, the oldest prince, Vark, said and pushed his chair back.

King Aldolphus agreed with a nod. His full lips were pressed together creating a tight line that made him look strict instead kind. The youngest son looked in

“Wage a war against them father”, Vark said angrily, yet self-reserved. His dark eyes flashed with hatred at the mention of war as he proceeded to use his body language to exaggerate the cause. “They have killed so many of us father. They have broken the peace treaty numerous times. Why should we not declare war? They have shamed us, tortured us and murdered us.”

“Varkolak”, the king said putting his hand up to shush his oldest son. The dark haired werewolf bit his lip and glared at his father before sitting down in his chair again. He received a reassuring pat from his younger brother and gave him a grateful nod. “We cannot…break…the treaty.”

“But Your Highness”, a counselor interrupted but he too was shut up by the king.

“We can deem ourselves lucky that the number has stayed limited. I will not risk more lives by turning against Lord Dracula. The treaty will stand.”

The room fell silent upon the king’s words. Many showed their disapproval by nodding their heads or muttering accusations about the vampire king, but stayed unheard. The king had the final judgment and nothing could against him.

Ulric, the king’s second and youngest son gazed at the red curtains, completely lost in his thoughts. He did not disapprove of his father’s judgment. The vampires were dangerous, probably the most dangerous species to have ever lived. They had already destroyed human race and before them the witches. Only werewolves were left unharmed thanks to an age-old treaty that had been set up by Ulric’s ancestors. If not for the treaty, werewolves had most likely become extinct a long time ago and the only race left would be the vampires.

“I will sign another treaty with extended demands. If Lord Dracula does not sign the treaty I will wage a war. If he does, then many lives will be spared”, the king said and casted his dark brown eyes down. He was a strong a goodhearted king; he did not wish his people any harm and did everything in his power to protect them; therefore another treaty would be the best solution.