Chapter 4

A/N: I wasn't too sure about this chapter but alright, here it goes. I hope you understand everything that is going on

“Do you smell that?”, the scruffy haired man said as he shivered.

“Tasty blood”, a second man smiled and licked his lips as his hungry eyes shimmered in desire. Too long ago it had been when they had last tasted the strong red liquid on their tongues. Shivering in excitement, the eldest of the two emerged from the lodge he had been hiding behind and skillfully jumped on top of it.

“Come’n, Angus. There’s a bloody wolf waiting for us.” His eyes rolled to the back of his head continuously as the Newborn fought to contain his bloodlust a few moments longer. They had not crossed the border yet, but were close enough to smell the wolves’ scent already.

“You’re damn right mate”, Angus replied and took a long whiff, sighing contently as he closed his eyes. He jumped over the lodge and looked back over his shoulder at his friend. “What’re ya waiting for?”

The two Newborns sped after the strong scent that made their teeth hurt as their fangs were threatening to grow and crossed the small distant within the slightest second. Without further due, one of the two jumped the werewolf that could be smelled from afar on its back and wrapped his arms tightly around it throat. Loud cries for help escaped from its mouth but were unheard.

The werewolf, defenseless and alone spread its dark eyes wide open as a second vampire attacked him frontally and within the blink of an eye, its throat was slashed and its head tumbled onto the in leaves covered ground. Soundless, it tumbled a few times before coming to an old and lay still on the mud; eyes shut and mouth agape.

Greedily Angus dug his fangs into the soft flesh of the bronze palm and gulped it down with quantities. His friend, Calder went straight for the neck like he would’ve normally done if his victim had not been beheaded. Instead of biting, he let the blood seep into his mouth as it flooded out of the vein. With his eyes closed he enjoyed the warmth of the liquid on his tongue and took tiny sips, trying to elongate the shivery feeling that went from his stomach to his skin.

The Newborns licked their lips contently after they had tried to suck the last drop of pleasure out of the body and dropped the body uninterestedly. Calder threw his head back and closed his green eyes as he tried to lick the last remains of blood from the ends of his moustache while Angus simply drew his chubby hand through his thinning grayish hair.

“We better get outta here”, Angus suggested and stood up. Calder nodded in agreement and climbed to his feet. He let out a pleasurable groan as straightened his back and glanced at the trees on their side of the border. As soon as they had come they were gone and left the dead body behind.

Lunormen

The capitol was in uproar. People had crowded the streets protesting against the peace treaty that had been signed between the werewolves and vampires along time ago. They had heard of yet another death caused by the vampires. Large groups had travelled to the castle that was situated in one of the richest and most colorful outskirts of King Adolphus’ kingdom.

“Silence, please”, a skinny man of age roared over the crowd but was ignored. In frustration he scratched his stubbly beard and nervously pulled his hands to his chest. A squeal escaped his thin straight lips after he dodged a tomato that was thrown by the crowd and glanced around warily. Lupin was neither the bravest nor the smartest; in fact he wasn’t capable of doing any good according to King Adolphus, yet the king trusted him in his court. He did not really have a choice either, because his cousin had mated the fool and had gotten married to him, thus the coward werewolf had joined the king’s pack.