{ conclusion }

howdy-do! (anyone remember that?)

if you haven't guessed by both the title of this chapter and the previous one, i've decided to mark this story as completed.

this is something i've been debating doing for a solid three months now, but i never actually went through with it.

i started this story in may of 2020, and used it as a distraction from everything going on in the world. it was lovely to have, and later i turned it into a journal of sorts, placing my own emotions behind either the name of travis or katie.

this book is filled with mediocre writing at best, but i think it truly displays my growth as a writer over the course of about six months.

lately, i've just not had the motivation i used to have to write tratie (or fanfiction in general, for that matter), instead opting to spend my time writing poetry or short stories heavily focused on imagery.

over the course of these months i've been writing for this book, it's given me an escape, a way to express my emotions, and a confidence boost whenever i would scroll through the comments, and for that, i can't thank you readers enough.

you gave me the motivation to keep writing and improving. you assured me — on multiple occasions — that my writing was, in fact, not terrible. you bettered me as a person and a writer without even knowing it.

so once again, thank you.

this is most definitely not the last you'll see of me on wattpad, though perhaps you'll see my name on less fanfiction for the time being. i have a lot of stray ideas floating around in my brain just waiting to be written, so if you want to see my writing again as it (hopefully) improves, you know where to find it!

one final time, thank you, and goodbye!

~aspen