"Tony. I get it. And I'm happy for you. I really am. But this is a second chance" Steve says, trying to convince dad.

"I got my second chance right here, Cap" dad says "Can't roll the dice on it. If you don't talk shop, you can stay for lunch"

"I'm gonna stay here. I wanna spend some time with you guys" I say and dad smiles at me.

"You make sure she eats. She's thin" Nat says and smiles at me.

"I will. I promise" I say and smile at Nat.

~~~~~

Dad was doing the dishes and I was drying. He cleaned the last plate but water got everywhere. I took the plate off of him and started drying.

"Dad, are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry" dad says but I give him a look. He cleans the shelf and sees a picture of himself and Peter. He picks it up and cleans it. I look at the picture and sigh.

"He was an amazing kid and I wanted to have a good relationship with him, but, the accords..." I stopped myself and kissed dad's cheek before leaving him to think.

~~~~~

"I've got a mild inspiration. I'd like to see if it checks out. So, I'd like to run one last sim before we pack it in for the night. This time in the shape of a Mobius strip, inverted, please" I heard dad say. I stayed to watch.

"Processing" FRIDAY said. Dad waited.

"Right, give me the eigenvalue of that particle... Factoring in spectral decomp. That'll take a second" dad said, messing about with the hologram.

"Just a moment" FRIDAY said and dad took a sip of his drink.

"And don't worry if it doesn't pan out. I'm just kinda..." dad said.

"Model rendered" FRIDAY said. After a while it said 'model successful' and dad fell back onto his seat in astonishment.

"Shit!" dad said.

"Shit!" Morgan copied.

"Shit!" I said in realisation. Dad turned around slowly and saw Morgan sitting on the stairs. He put a finger to his lips.

"What are you doing up, little miss?" dad whispered.

"Shit" Morgan repeated.

"Nope. We don't say that. Only mommy says that word. She coined it. It belongs to her" dad said.

"Why're you up as well? You should be in bed" dad says, looking at me.

"I heard you talking and wanted to see this. I'm proud of you dad. You're taking a stand" I say and go to him, giving him a hug.

"Why are you up?" Morgan asks.

"Cause I got some important shit going on here! Why do you think?" dad says. Morgan gives him a look and it's really cute "No, I got something on my mind. I got something on my mind"

"Was it juice pops?" Morgan asks.

"Sure was" dad says and looks at Morgan "That's extortion. That's a word. What kind you want? Great minds think alike. Juice pops exactly... Was on my mind" dad takes mine and Morgan's hand to get juice pops, looking back at the hologram.

~~~~~

"You done? Yeah? Now you are" dad says and eats the rest of Morgan's juice pop "Here. Wipe" dad uses his sleeve to clean Morgan's mouth "Good. That face goes there" dad lightly pushes Morgan's face onto the pillow and I laugh.

"Tell me a story" Morgan says.

"A story" dad says "Once upon a time, Maguna went to bed. The end"

"That is a horrible story" Morgan says and I nod my head in agreement.

"Come on, that's your favorite story" dad says.

"Bet I could do better" I say and dad gives me a look of sarcastic shock.

"Better than me?" dad says, 'upset'.

"Yeah" I say and kiss his cheek. He lets out a little chuckle.

"Love you tons" dad says and kisses Morgan's forehead.

"I love you both 3000" she says and my heart melts.

"I love you more" I say and kiss her cheek.

"Wow" dad gets up and shuts the light "3000. That's crazy" dad says and gestures for me to come "Go to bed or I'll sell all your toys. Y/N?"

"I'm gonna stay here and tell her a real bed time story" I say and dad nods his head. He closes the door.

"Night night" he says.

~~~~~

 I come downstairs after I know Morgan is asleep and see mum and dad talking on the sofa.

"Tony... Trying to get you to stop... Has been one of the few failures of my entire life" mum says and I walk towards them. Dad chuckles a bit

"She's not wrong. You don't ever stop. And sometimes that's a good thing" I say, and sit next to them.

"Something tells me... I should put it in a lock box and drop it to the bottom of the lake... And go to bed" dad says.

"But would you be able to rest?" mum asked and I look at dad.