VII

The light hit her closed eyelids, birds started to chirp insatiably loud. She was going to kill every last one of them, at least in Hybern there were no fucking birds besides the occasional seagull, but they all learnt their lesson as soon as Shaera started to pick them off one by one.  The dark-haired woman groaned and shoved her head deeper into the pillow.  She hadn't slept one bit. Her bladder remained unbearably full

"Sleep well?" Azriel's voice questioned, her eyes snapped open, she sneered in his direction

"Go fuck yourself" the Illyrian snorted.

Besides her need to piss the metal around her wrists had started to rub and irritate as the night progressed. Shaera missed her bed. Her neck was bruised and her throat was sore. Birds flew past the open window. Fucking birds.  Madja walked into the room. Shaera flung herself off the bed 

"Madja! Please I'm going to piss myself!" The healer stopped at the door, a plate of food in her left hand Ferin following behind two plates balanced on her palms. 

"There's a chamber pot under your bed" Shaera's jaw nearly hit the floor, her nose scrunched up in disgust. She flopped back down onto the bed. Azriel burst out laughing the noise bouncing off the walls.

"I can't piss in a chamber pot..."

"You're a snob" Shaera bared her teeth at him before she turned her gaze back to the healers. Madja placed the plate of bread and cheese onto the bed. Azriel's plate was filled with eggs, toast, grapes and bacon. The Illyrian man must have seen her envious expression, he smirked and picked up a piece of bacon, shoving it into his mouth. 

"Prick" she grumbled and grabbed a piece of cheese.
The healer came over and unlocked her cuffs, as they fell away she sighed, her wrists were red as hell. 

"There's a bathroom with a toilet across the hall" Shaera grinned at the woman with glee before she sprinted off out the room and across the hall.

*******
Shaera had finished her long-needed piss...It was a fantastic piss might she add. She hummed as she padded her way back across the hall and back into the infirmary. The sun now sat further up in the sky, tendrils of light bounced around the open space, the heat was sublime, she sighed. Peace. But as they say, peace is often rare and short-lived. The dark-haired woman settled her gaze on the high lord of the night court who stood by Madja, his arms were crossed as he stared in her direction, they were talking about her. Madja's eyes flickered from her and Rhysand.

On that note she swiftly shuffled across the room and back to her bed, the cream dress swirled around her feet her black curls flowing behind her like tar. Shaera dived towards the soft mattress careful not to knock over the plate.
The plate.
She did a double-take.
A singular piece of bacon sat glistening next to the bread. She gasped and snatched it from the wood surface. Shaera rammed the piece into her mouth and groaned in pure pleasure, she flopped back onto her pillow. Her cuffs remained lonesome beside her. She'd have to put them back on soon she supposed. The bacon was chewed until it could be chewed no more, Shaera begrudgingly swallowed it and reluctantly slid her eyes over to Azriel who was laying back on the bed, his bare arms resting under his head...
he had nice arms...the sun hit his tanned skin in all the right places, the smallest of stubble decorated his angular jaw. His hair was almost as dark as her own and that too fell in all the right places. He hummed his eyes remained closed

"I give you a piece of bacon and now you're drooling over me" Shaera scoffed

"I wasn't drooling, I was simply... spying"

"That's my job"

"You're not funny" 

"I'm hilarious"  Now he was quoting her, bastard. She sneered at him and grabbed the piece of bread launching it in his direction. Azriel's arm snapped up and caught it, his eyes remained closed. Then they opened, his head turned and he smirked at her. His usual hazel eyes appeared gold as the sun shone on his face. Then the smirk dropped, he placed the bread down on the side table.  A shadow was cast over Shaera. Rhysand. He stared down at them both. Shaera sat up slightly.