Panic Attacks And Pancakes

Tsukiro's POV

"What do you want to be?"

All my life, every birthday, a soothing voice always ask me the same question.

"Just say your greatest desire, I will grant it."

But after all those years, I still don't know what is my greatest wish.

The voice was...nice. Whenever I was alone on my room, that voice will always comfort me in the saddest of times. They will always assure me that everything is fine. They would talk to me, comforting me with their soothing words, and I listened carefully.

But the voice will ask me the same question.

Whenever I always tell Mommy about the voice, she would always tell me that I will never let my real wish be heard by the voice until it was utterly needed. I still don't understand what that means, but I followed her warnings.

What choice would I have?

After all, I still never knew what is my greatest wish.

Third Person POV

Yukimura Tsukiro woke up groggily, his dark orbs opened slightly as he was trying to adjust to the bright light that was filtered on the window beside his futon.

He groggily reached his side to feel his glasses, as his vision was blurry to begin with. He was confused when he reached to his usual spot where he put his glasses, until he stiffened and started to squint around the room he was in.

It was not his room.

He widened his dark orbs, suddenly sat up and started to hyperventilate, as his tentacles started to sprout on his hair and arms, ready to defend against a threat. He was panicking, his vision was blurry, and he was not in his room.

He started to whimper as he was having a panic attack, and he could feel his fight-and-flight response flare up. Millions of dark thoughts filled up his mind, of mad scientists experimenting him to no end. He feared he was kidnapped by someone, being locked up and prodded by needles and scalpels, or people trying to take advantage of his abilities.

He started to scream for help, calling for his (adoptive/surrogate) mother, "Mommy, help!"

Luckily, someone had heard his loud whimpers and screams.

"TSUKIRO-KUN!"

Akari slammed the door open as she rushed to the room with a worried look in her pretty face. She was wearing a simple t-shirt and pants ensemble, under an apron. Her long dark hair was tied to a bun, and she was not wearing her usual makeup. She was recently cooking something for breakfast, and she had heard her nephew's scared whimpers due to the paper thin walls of the apartment.

She saw her nephew hyperventilating and whimpering, tentacles in his head and arms twitching and slithering, as if preparing for an attack. He still never wore his huge glasses, as it was resting on a table beside the futon. Little red veins spread around his cheeks, pulsing with power as adrenaline was taking over the little boy. He was still in his sleeping attire, and Akari could guess he just recently woke up.