"What I did?" Nandini stood confused.

"Why didn't you said anything in favour of yourself when Rajmata Iravati was talking all rubbish about you?" Manik asked to which Nandini didn't said anything.

"If all this was said by Ishita Or someone else then you have taken your stand, right?" Manik asked but Nandini stood silent. "Answer Nandini yes or no!" He said in a cold voice.

"Yes.." Nandini said in low voice.

"Then why not today! I know there's a problem between you two and I'm not forcing you to tell me anything because I know you aren't comfortable to share. It's fine if you don't want to share, I won't ask you but I won't tolerate anyone saying anything against you!" Manik said while Nandini stared him.

"Nandini, I have always seen you fighting for yourself.. Even when you were working as a maid, you never let your self respect ruined by anyone and now today seeing you like this, standing helpless, with tears I felt hurt... You know I always like your confidence, your power to save your honor. But today you disappointed me and that's why I'm angry at you.." Manik said.

"I'm sorry.. But whenever choti maa comes in front of me, I-I can't speak anything..." Nandini said in a low voice looking down.

Manik takes a deep sigh and then makes Nandini look up by holding her chin. "See Nandini, I just want you to be independent like I have always seen you.. You know seeing you helpless with teary eyes today, I don't know but I felt very strange.. It's like someone is hurting me.. I just want you to be strong in every condition not helpless.. I like the Nandini which fought for justice and stood for her self respect not the one who cries..." Manik said softly with a smile. "Now I want you to just promise me that you will fight with anyone may it your choti maa or even me if you are right!"

"I promise.." Nandini said keeping her hand on Manik's. Both smiled at each other.

"Come now.. we have to reach the village.." Manik said and both leaves for the village.

As it's getting darker and darker, Nandini's anxiety is also increasing. Manik then slowly held her hand. As soon as Manik held her hand, Nandini for a second gets startled. She turns to see Manik who's walking normally like nothing has happened. Nandini then too slowly holds his hands. Manik smiles to himself when she held his hand.

Both then walks in the night holding each other's hands. It's a long time since they are walking. Nandini is tired now. "Manik.. when we will going to reach?"

"Just a few more steps Nandini.." Manik said walking ahead while holding her hand.

"I'm tired of walking Manik.." Nandini replied.

"You are tired only then how will you going to spend rest of the days in the village.." Manik said looking at her.

"Can we rest for a while Manik... I'm tired a lot.." Nandini said being tired.

"Nandini, we are just few steps away now.. Come we will reach soon.." Manik said while walking.

Nandini leaves his hand and sat on the rock nearby. "You go then I'm not coming.."

Manik smiles. "Ok, bye.. You can come after resting.." And walks ahead.

Nandini quickly runs to him. "Ok I'm coming, don't dare to leave me alone"

"I'll die before even thinking that.." Manik said looking at her deeply. Nandini lowers her head and smiles.

After walking few steps both reaches the village and enters an empty house nearby.

"Manik.." Nandini said holding his hand tightly because its dark all around in the house.

"I'm not leaving you.. don't worry. Let me light the diyas" Manik lights the diyas around and Nandini felt relieved. "Fine now.."