Sparks Fly - 6

"Now I'm pacing back and forth, wishing you were at my door

I'd open up and you would say,

It was enchanted to meet you

All I know is I was enchanted to meet you"

[6]

I layed in bed that night thinking to myself. What if I did give into Yale? Would I be happy? Would he break my heart? I didn’t know.

I heard a quick tap on my window, and my heart stopped for a second. Who was there? I sat up and slowly moved to my  window suspiciously, and looked through the curtains. Yale Collins. My heart stopped. What was he doing here? I quickly opened my window and looked out at him questioning.

“Why are you here?” I asked him.

“Its going to kill me if I don’t tell you. Can I come up?” He asked, looking over at the tree right by my window. I didn’t know what to say so I just nodded and backed away from the window. Within seconds he was in my room through the window, staring at me with a disheveled look.

“What do you need to tell me?” I noticed his serious look, followed by his soft lips and beautiful green eyes. I stared into those eyes, awaiting my answer. He looked around my room, as if he was nervous before looking back up at me.

“I like you.” I didn’t say anything In reply to him, just stood there staring into green, thinking of what to say. He continued. “I want to be with you. Youre not like any of those other girls at that pathetic school.”

“I.. I cant. We cant.” I muttered.

“Why? Do you not like me? Tell me you don’t like me then ill understand.” His voice was harsh and he took a step closer to me. I did like him, I couldn’t lie and tell him I didn’t.

“I cant tell you I don’t like you.” I said in a weak voice. I liked him. But I could never be with him and I wished he would be able to understand that.

“Then why can you not be with me? Why? Im a good looking guy, I have money, I can make you happy.” He assumed that those were the things I cared about in a relationship. I didn’t care about things like that. I wasn’t a materialistic person when it came to feelings towards other people. I wasn’t shallow at all.

“Its not that. Those things don’t matter to me. I just.. I don’t do relationships.” And that was the truth. If we had a relationship, I would do something to ruin it. I wasn’t the relationship person. And I knew I wasn’t the right person for him.

“Bullshit.” He came closer to me, to where we were only a foot a part and I could almost feel his body heat radiating off of him.

“I just.. I couldn’t make you happy.” I knew in my mind that I would never be able to give a guy like Yale what he wanted or needed. I was a virgin, I was a boring person.  I wasn’t like those other bimbos, who took off their clothes the second a guy paid any type of attention to them.

“How could you not? You are amazing.” His voice softened and he gave me a caring look. And he came even closer to me.

“Please Alice.” The use of my first name caught my attention. No one used my first name. it wasn’t something I heard from many people besides my parents, and that was only because Morrison was their last name too.

“Yale…” He cut me off.

“At least just think about it.” Now we were only a few inches away from eachother. I stared down at his lips wanting. He seemed to had read my mind because he closed the distance between us and kissed me softly and sweetly. And just as soon as it had begun, it ended, and he swiftly left without me saying anything about the kiss.

He had kissed me. And it had been the best kiss I had ever had. Not that I had been kissed many times before, but there was something about this kiss. I had felt a spark, like this had been right. And I knew I had made a mistake. Screw not having relationships.

I was about to go against everything I believed in for this guy.