Chapter 4

Gemma is standing with Jessica, Angela Weber, Mike, Eric Yorkie, and Tyler around their cars on Tuesday morning

Gemma is standing with Jessica, Angela Weber, Mike, Eric Yorkie, and Tyler around their cars on Tuesday morning. Gemma told Jess about the skating, she just left out Emmett being scared of the ice and his being unable to actually skate. They hear a loud rumble enter the parking lot.

The group all turn as a red Chevy truck pulls up beside Gemma's. It's an older model and it's nice, Gemma thinks so.

"Nice truck," Gemma compliments when the new kid gets out.

"Thanks," the new girl grumbles before she walks toward the school.

"I meant it," Gemma whispers.

"She's new," Angela coos as she touched her friend's arm. "She'll come around."

"Maybe," Gemma says and she sees Emmett leaning against the stairs. "Tell me, Jess, do you think the Incredible Hulk over there is waiting for me?"

Chamberlin finds himself laughing at the nickname Gemma has given Emmett. Emmett is grinning in amusement.

"I think he is," Jessica chirps. "You better go."

Gemma smiles at Mike before she walks across the lot. "You make a habit of waiting for me, I might start to think you actually really like me."

"Maybe I do actually really like you," Emmett replies back challengingly.

"Perhaps you do," Gemma muses as they stop by her locker. "I did have fun skating with you, Emmett. And talking. I haven't talked about by dad since his death."

Emmett leans against the neighboring locker. The owner spots him but walks on, they'll come back later.

"It's hard; the death of a parent," Emmett claims.

"How do you like Dr. and Mrs. Cullen?" Gemma asks as she removes her jacket and hands it on a peg in her locker, grabs her books, and slams the door. "Are they good p parents?"

"They're great," Emmett replies. "Adopted us before we were too old for the system."

"Smart move," Gemma replies as they walk toward Mr. Molina's class. "I'll talk to you later."

Emmett nods his head and he turns, and walks away. Gemma smiles and she enters the class. She sits at her table as Jessica enters. Not long after Jess, Jasper and Alice enter the classroom. Alice greets the friends before she joins Jasper at their table and Mr. Molina gets started om teaching.
⚜️⚜️⚜️